HR Business Partner
People & HR
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2022
About Small Door
Small Door is membership-based veterinary care designed with human standards that is better for pets, pet parents, and veterinarians alike. We designed and delivered a reimagined veterinary experience via a membership that includes exceptional care, 24/7 telemedicine, and transparent pricing - delivered with modern hospitality in spaces designed by animal experts to be stress-free. We opened our flagship location in Manhattan's West Village in 2020, followed by multiple practices in the city and Brooklyn. Small Door continues to scale in 2022 by opening additional NYC locations and in markets across the northeast including Boston and Washington DC.
This is the fifth company that Small Door’s founders have been involved in building. In building Small Door, they partnered with the people responsible for beloved consumer experiences like Warby Parker and Sweetgreen, in addition to healthcare innovators such as One Medical, CityMD and Flatiron Health. Small Door has raised $40 million from Lerer Hippeau, Primary Ventures, Brand Foundry, Toba Capital, and Pentland Group. The broader management team brings experience from JustWorks, Casper, One Medical, Soulcycle, Warby Parker, Sweetgreen, The Wing, Gilt Groupe, Lightspeed, and Outbrain.
The Regional HR Business Partner will partner with leaders across the Small Door team on all things People, HR, and culture building. This role will report to Small Door's Senior Director of People Operations.
This role will be based in Washington, DC and include frequent travel to Boston and NYC (around 50% travel).
What you'll do
- Work closely and build trusting and collaborative partnerships with leaders across Small Door’s teams in Washington, DC and Boston, serving as an HR expert across the region;
- Support in identifying, implementing, and iterating HR systems and processes for Small Door, always focusing on our employees’ best interests;
- Act as our lead for employee relations for day-to-day inquiries across the region and establish scalable processes to support our employees as we continue to grow;
- Facilitate people programming for your region such as leading performance management and annual merit compensation review processes, talent management and succession planning exercises, employee engagement, etc.
Who you are
- 3+ years experience in HR/People Operations;
- Success building, implementing, and scaling People processes & systems;
- Strong employee relations knowledge and experience;
- Knowledge of HR laws, compliance practices across multiple states, and general HR best practices;
- Experience partnering with and supporting managers across multiple locations;
- Experience supporting an hourly employee workforce (part and full time) across multiple states;
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time;
- Proven success in an early stage and/or high growth environment (a plus if it's in a consumer business with physical 4-wall locations), with strengths in adaptability and prioritization while moving at a fast pace.
What you'll get
- Competitive salary;
- Equity ownership;
- Health, dental + vision insurance;
- 401K (plus 4% company match);
- Upward mobility and growth opportunities;
- Generous paid-time off, parental leave, and company wide holidays;
- CitiBike membership, HealthAdvocate membership, One Medical membership, WageWorks commuter benefits, subsidized Class Pass membership;
- Discounted veterinary care for your loved ones;
- Growth opportunities;
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you;
- A collaborative group of people who live our core values and have your back.
Come join Small Door!
Small Door is proudly a public benefit corporation and a certified B Corp. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We strive to build a culture where employees can be their fullest selves and their individual contributions are valued.
Folx who are queer, trans, non-binary, Black, Indigenous, people of color, disabled, parents, are/have been system-impacted, are immigrants, and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression and/or are underrepresented in the industry are encouraged to apply.
Small Door requires all employees to be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19. We will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on disability and/or religious beliefs on an individualized basis.