Montreal, QC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, December 3, 2022
About Small Door
Small Door is membership-based veterinary care designed with human standards that is better for pets, pet parents, and veterinarians alike. We designed and delivered a reimagined veterinary experience via a membership that includes exceptional care, 24/7 telemedicine, and transparent pricing - delivered with modern hospitality in spaces designed by animal experts to be stress-free. We opened our flagship location in Manhattan's West Village in 2020, followed by multiple practices in the city and Brooklyn. Small Door continues to scale in 2022 by opening additional NYC locations and in markets across the northeast including Boston and Washington DC.
This is the fifth company that Small Door’s founders have been involved in building. In building Small Door, they partnered with the people responsible for beloved consumer experiences like Warby Parker and Sweetgreen, in addition to healthcare innovators such as One Medical, CityMD and Flatiron Health. Small Door has raised $40 million from Lerer Hippeau, Primary Ventures, Brand Foundry, Toba Capital, and Pentland Group. The broader management team brings experience from JustWorks, Casper, One Medical, Soulcycle, Warby Parker, Sweetgreen, The Wing, Gilt Groupe, Lightspeed, and Outbrain.
The Product Designer will work under the direction of the Head of Design to concept and execute user interface designs of our products to better help tell the Small Door story. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to create engaging and thoughtful user centered digital journeys for our members to interact with. The goal – to create one seamless brand experience across all touch points.
Our Product Designer will work remotely and must be located in Canada.
What you'll do
- Work on the user experience across multiple Small Door products (both mobile and web);
- Create concepts, layouts and final designs for a wide variety of projects across mobile web, mobile app and web;
- Collaborate closely with internal teams to develop / expand product design patterns and help evolve the overall brand identity;
- Contribute new ideas and execute on assigned tasks (some broadly defined and others more narrowly described) as part of the creative team;
- Follow deadlines and deliver thoughtful user-centered designs that elevate the brand and user experience with a strong attention to detail;
- Help define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for our products;
- Own assigned tasks and necessary approvals from project stakeholders;
- Consider all parts of the user experience from copy to photography to animations to our overall company strategy when designing;
- Stay up-to-date with the latest design application changes and industry trends.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in a design related field;
- 3-4 years proven work experience as a Product Designer or in a similar role at a high growth consumer facing startup;
- An online portfolio that demonstrates your digital design skills with examples of mobile + mobile app designs;
- Proficient in Figma with a basic knowledge of Adobe design software and HTML / CSS;
- Knowledge of best mobile web, mobile app and desktop design practices with a mobile-first approach;
- Strong attention to detail, organization and commitment to ensuring clear and consistent brand storytelling across all touchpoints – the details are what matter;
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects at any given time and meet tight deadlines.
What you'll get
- Competitive salary and equity;
- Health, dental + vision insurance;
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony;
- A great top of the line benefit plan provided by PEO Canada and including short term disability insurance;
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you;
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back;
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally.
Come join Small Door!
Small Door is proudly a public benefit corporation and a certified B Corp. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We strive to build a culture where employees can be their fullest selves and their individual contributions are valued.
Folx who are queer, trans, non-binary, Black, Indigenous, people of color, disabled, parents, are/have been system-impacted, are immigrants, and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression and/or are underrepresented in the industry are encouraged to apply.
Small Door requires all employees to be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19. We will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on disability and/or religious beliefs on an individualized basis.
See more open positions at Small Door
Something looks off?