Clinical Nurse Trainer
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2022
About Small Door
Small Door is membership-based veterinary care designed with human standards that is better for pets, pet parents, and veterinarians alike. We designed and delivered a reimagined veterinary experience via a membership that includes exceptional care, 24/7 telemedicine, and transparent pricing - delivered with modern hospitality in spaces designed by animal experts to be stress-free. We opened our flagship location in Manhattan's West Village in 2020, followed by multiple practices in the city and Brooklyn. Small Door continues to scale in 2022 by opening additional NYC locations and in markets across the northeast including Boston and Washington DC.
This is the fifth company that Small Door’s founders have been involved in building. In building Small Door, they partnered with the people responsible for beloved consumer experiences like Warby Parker and Sweetgreen, in addition to healthcare innovators such as One Medical, CityMD and Flatiron Health. Small Door has raised $40 million from Lerer Hippeau, Primary Ventures, Brand Foundry, Toba Capital, and Pentland Group. The broader management team brings experience from JustWorks, Casper, One Medical, Soulcycle, Warby Parker, Sweetgreen, The Wing, Gilt Groupe, Lightspeed, and Outbrain.
We are looking for an experienced credentialed nurse to support training across our Medical Team. This role will be responsible for creating and implementing training plans for nursing staff across all markets, and will be a critical resource in ensuring ongoing support and training is available to our teams.
This role will be headquartered in NYC, with travel to Boston and DC, and will report to our Head of Veterinary Medicine.
*This role is primarily based in Small Door Practices, traveling 50-75%*
What you’ll do
- Coordinate with the Medical Leaders in the creation of training plans for our Medical Team in new and existing practices;
- Work with the Managing Nurses to identify and address knowledge gaps;
- Provide ongoing remote support as the ‘point-of contact’ during first three months of a new practice;
- Support training and implementation of process changes;
- Fill per diem shifts to remain current in how we practice medicine;
- Visit outer markets monthly to ensure we maintain consistency with our medical delivery, standard operating procedures, and train as needed;
- Review, update, and maintain our medical training checklists;
- Audit training to ensure training schedule and checklists are being executed;
- Maintenance of training documentation.
Who you are
- Active LVT (or equivalent), with 5+ years of clinical experience;
- Advanced technical skills to include high competency in anesthesia, dental charting/prophylaxis/radiography, & IDEXX lab and radiology equipment;
- Excellent communication skills, and a passion for people development;
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and displays prompt follow through;
- High emotional intelligence to understand varying training needs and speeds;
- Ability to coach and provide feedback effectively to different personality types;
- Ability to work across a variety of platforms.
What you’ll get
- Competitive compensation; $80,000-$100,000 annually;
- Health, dental + vision insurance;
- 401K (plus 4% company match);
- Paid-time off, CE allowance, parental leave, and company wide holidays;
- Upward mobility and growth opportunities;
- Working in a well designed hospital with state-of-the-art equipment;
- One Medical membership, HealthAdvocate membership;
- Free CitiBike membership, WageWorks commuter benefits;
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back;
- A clear career path with opportunities for growth and development, both personally and professionally.
Come join Small Door!
Small Door is proudly a public benefit corporation and a certified B Corp. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We strive to build a culture where employees can be their fullest selves and their individual contributions are valued.
Folx who are queer, trans, non-binary, Black, Indigenous, people of color, disabled, parents, are/have been system-impacted, are immigrants, and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression and/or are underrepresented in the industry are encouraged to apply.
Small Door requires all employees to be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19. We will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on disability and/or religious beliefs on an individualized basis.
See more open positions at Small Door
Something looks off?