Senior Software Engineer
SeatGeek is building an innovative open-ecosystem enterprise ticketing software that allows teams, venues, and promoters (aka Rightsholders) to efficiently run their businesses and captivate fans.
We’re proud to partner with some of the most recognized names in sports and entertainment across the globe, including the Dallas Cowboys, Liverpool F.C., and the Florida Panthers, alongside many other teams in the NFL, MLS, and English Premier League, and theaters on Broadway and in London’s West End.
We believe rightsholders, not ticketing companies, should have full control over the tools they use and partners they choose within their ticket-selling ecosystem. Third-parties make that ecosystem better – from tools that provide analytics, data visualization, dynamic pricing, and more – and our flexible, open platform makes those integrations possible.
We're looking for bright, curious builders who want to help millions of people experience the thrill of live entertainment by improving our enterprise ticketing product. The ticketing industry is messy, complex and makes attending live events more difficult than it is; we believe a thoughtful application of software can fix that.
Who you are
- 7+ of experience building fullstack web applications, ideally within a microservices architecture. We'll be most interested in hearing about what you've built
- Experience working with C# and .NET in production
- Passionate about software craftsmanship and product. You have well-considered opinions about how software should work, and hold yourself and your code to a high standard
- Understanding of object-oriented concepts and design patterns
- Experience with Cloud Platforms - AWS being a plus
- Experience with databases - MS SQL being plus
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
The tools we use
- Languages: Python, C#/.NET Core, and Go
- Datastores: MS SQL Server
- Version control: GitHub and GitLab
- Infrastructure: AWS, Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD
- If you are interested in the role, please include an English-language resume or CV with your application
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!