Cloud Database Engineer
SeatGeek Enterprise is our innovative open-ecosystem enterprise ticketing software that allows teams, venues, and promoters to efficiently run their businesses and captivate fans.
We’re proud to partner with some of the most recognized names across the globe including the Dallas Cowboys and Liverpool F.C., as well as the NFL, MLS, half of the English Premier League, and theaters across NYC’s Broadway and London’s West End.
We believe rights-holders, not ticketing companies, should have full control over the tools they use and partners they choose within their ticket-selling ecosystem. Third-parties make that ecosystem better – from tools that provide analytics, data visualization, dynamic pricing, and more – and our flexible, open, modern SRO (Standing Room Only) platform makes those integrations possible.
We're looking for bright, curious database engineers who want to help millions of people experience the thrill of live entertainment through our SRO product. The ticketing industry is messy, complex and makes attending live events more difficult than it is; we believe a thoughtful application of software can fix that. We are looking for a Cloud Database Engineer with a high degree of craftsmanship to join SeatGeek’s R&D team.
Who you are
- 5+ of experience building high quality cloud native solutions
- Experience working Terabyte and Petabyte scale datastores finding the balance between retrieval times, consistency, costs, with impeccable security
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CDK, CloudFormation, Pulumi, …)
- Passion for software craftsmanship and product. You have well-considered opinions about how software should work, and hold yourself and your code to a high standard
- Experience with Cloud Platforms, with AWS being a plus
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases, with MS SQL as plus
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
Tools we use
- Datastores: MS SQL Server, DynamoDB, S3, PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch
- IaC: Terraform, CloudFormation, CDK
- Languages: T-SQL, C#/.NET Core, Python and Go
- Version control: GitHub and GitLab
- Infrastructure: AWS, GitLab CI/CD
- Equity stake in a well-funded growth stage company
- Flexible work environment, allowing you to work as many days a week in the office as you’d like or 100% remotely
- A WFH stipend to support your home office setup
- Benefits package that supports health and dental. We also provide annual subscriptions to Headspace
- Life Insurance
- Annual subscription to Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon music
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!