Senior Software Engineer - Rightsholder Foundation
SeatGeek is building an innovative open-ecosystem enterprise ticketing software that allows teams, venues, and promoters (aka Rightsholders) to efficiently run their businesses and captivate fans.
We’re proud to partner with some of the most recognized names in sports and entertainment across the globe, including the Dallas Cowboys, Liverpool F.C., and the Florida Panthers, alongside many other teams in the NFL, MLS, and English Premier League, and theaters on Broadway and in London’s West End.
We believe rightsholders, not ticketing companies, should have full control over the tools they use and partners they choose within their ticket-selling ecosystem. Third-parties make that ecosystem better – from tools that provide analytics, data visualization, dynamic pricing, and more – and our flexible, open platform makes those integrations possible.
We're looking for bright, curious builders who want to help millions of people experience the thrill of live entertainment by improving and modernizing our enterprise ticketing product. The ticketing industry is messy, complex and makes attending live events more difficult than it is; we believe a thoughtful application of software can fix that.
What you'll do
- Influence all levels of the stack from infrastructure through application and all phases of the software lifecycle from planning through implementation and ongoing operations
- Build out a modern, containerized software architecture using industry-leading software development practices
- Swap out the engine while the plane is flying: replace and update critical components of both software and hardware architecture in an uptime-critical setting
- Evaluate new technologies and improve our software stack to maintain our technological edge
Who you are
- 7+ years of experience designing, building, and operating complex distributed systems on Kubernetes or similar orchestrators. We'll be most interested in hearing about what you've built and which problems you've solved
- Familiar with SRE principles and a passion for software craftsmanship. You have well-considered opinions about how software should behave, and hold your work to a high standard
- Experienced leading architectural change in software. Patient, pragmatic, and driven by business outcomes and customer needs.
- Deeply familiar with both Windows and Linux platforms, and experience developing software for both. Prior experience with Windows containers is a plus
- Committed to your teammates. You enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different experiences and take pride in mentoring and contributing to the growth and success of other members of the team
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
The tools we use
- Languages: C#/.NET Core, and Go, Terraform
- Datastores: Microsoft SQL Server, Postgres, Memcached/Redis
- Infrastructure: AWS, Kubernetes, DataDog
- You will be working with our Israel-based development teams. We are open to remote hiring, as long as you are comfortable with working hours that overlap considerably with the Israel time zone. We happily encourage the occasional office visit from our remote teammates, especially for team events!
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!