Engineering Manager, Pricing
SeatGeek believes live events are powerful experiences that unite humans. With our technological savvy and fan-first attitude we’re simplifying and modernizing the ticketing industry.
By catering to both consumers and enterprises, we’re powering a new, open entertainment ecosystem where fans have effortless access to experiences, and teams, venues, and shows have seamless access to their audiences. Because everyone should expect more from ticketing.
We are looking for an experienced manager who can help us scale up our development operation and empower our engineering teams. SeatGeek is a product-centric organization that deploys code into production many times per day. As we grow, the scale of our technical challenges - and their effect on our customers - continue to increase. We want to ensure we continue to build the best product and team we can.
What you'll do
- Manage a team of full stack engineers and ML engineers
- Provide regular job performance feedback, hold one-on-ones, and provide career development support to your direct reports
- Guide the team to improve operational and engineering best practices to keep our development machine humming
- Set technical priorities, communicate business context to the team, build excitement about how innovative technology can enhance our core business
- Play an active role in our recruiting process, helping us to grow our engineering team in any way you can
- Perform code reviews and provide technical and design feedback to the team
- Partner with your product counterpart in planning cycles, and help us keep our priorities in order
- Communicate technical and product decisions to the right people, resolve blocking issues, and collaborate with other leaders across the organization
What you have
- 5+ years as an engineer in a role that was mostly about writing code
- 3+ years of experience as an engineering manager of productive, motivated teams
- You have experience building highly performant systems
- You have irreproachable technical skills, and your team should look up to you as a mentor
- With your knowledge of industry technology trends you can help your team make good tooling and framework decisions setting them up for success
- You understand how to lead by setting context and facilitating collaboration between product, design, engineering and business leaders
The tools we use
You absolutely do not need experience with all of these, but we thought you might be curious. Tools can be learned, so we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language.
- Languages: Python (our primary language), Typescript, C#/.NET Core
- Infrastructure: Postgres, Kafka, and Elasticsearch
- ML: Stan, PyTorch
- Server: FastAPI for Python, running on AWS
- Equity stake
- Flexible work environment, allowing you to work as many days a week in the office as you’d like or 100% remotely
- A WFH stipend to support your home office setup
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 16 weeks of paid family leave
- 401(k) matching program
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Annual subscriptions to Headspace, Ginger.io, and One Medical
- $120 a month to spend on tickets to live events
- Annual subscription to Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon music
The salary range for this role is $160,000 - $250,000. Actual compensation packages within that range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and specific location.
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings.