Senior Manager, Enterprise Fan Support
SeatGeek believes live events are powerful experiences that unite humans. With our technological savvy and fan-first attitude we’re simplifying and modernizing the ticketing industry.
SeatGeek’s Support team is evolving as our business grows and we focus on driving a high performance, efficient support function. As the voice of SeatGeek to our fans, our Support team is dedicated to providing ridiculously good experiences. The Senior Manager will provide seasoned leadership and ensure we scale resources, processes, and workflows efficiently and successfully. Direct reports could include Support Manager, Team Leads and Specialists. You’ll have a chance to let your people management, strategic, and general leadership skills shine, while playing a huge role in shaping the direction of one of the largest teams in the company. During this next phase of reinvention, one of our key missions is to maintain our fantastic culture as we scale.
What you'll do
- Strategic planning: working closely with the Support leadership team to shape the future direction of the team by overseeing key Support processes and workflows:
- Identifying and managing towards the success of KPIs and SLA commitments
- Setting and achieving performance goals, at the team and individual level
- Leading effective daily resource allocation across the Support team (Portland, NY, US Remote)
- Generating new processes and strategies to improve customer satisfaction, reduce costs and improve efficiencies
- Participating in budget and headcount forecasting towards setting appropriate staffing levels
- Optimizing team policies and procedures
- Optimizing effective communication and people management practices on the team
- People management: helping to set the bar for the whole team
- Direct reports could include Manager, Team Leads and Specialists, including those at a Senior level
- Providing leadership, mentorship, advocacy for direct reports and the team as a whole
- Performance management, including positive and critical feedback, executing regularly occurring 1 on 1 meetings, scheduled reviews, etc.
- Leading the team’s performance management process (currently CultureAmp)
- Responsibility for team lead and event expert career pathing, reviews and overall development
- Developing and ensuring regular cadence of performance feedback sessions throughout the team
- Coaching employees for performance improvements, implementing progressive discipline programs if necessary
- Executing regularly occurring 1 on 1 meetings, in addition to more occasional reviews
- Providing general leadership, mentorship, advocacy throughout the Support department
- Embody the fan-first, enthusiastic, proud, resilient spirit of the Support team; lead by example!
What you have
- 5+ in a leadership position on a Support team, including 2 or more years as a Manager-level or higher
- Experience leading strategic thinking for a Support team
- Superior communication and collaboration skills; experience working on cross-team initiatives a major plus
- Leadership abilities. You are passionate about skills-building and career development
- Enthusiasm for using data to drive better individual and team performance through effective management of key performance metrics
- Strong work ethic, keep a level head, and don’t get flustered easily
- Natural approach to transparency and open communication
- Ability to adapt extremely quickly and help guide the team through changes: organizational strategic changes, new product releases, new clients, new procedures, etc.
- Experience with Zendesk (or at least other comparable CRMs) a strong plus, as is experience with customer support channel tools; workforce management (WFM); internal admin systems; Looker or other data visualization and analytics tools; Github, JIRA or comparables; Google docs and tools; Slack
- Equity stake
- Flexible work environment, allowing you to work as many days a week in the office as you’d like or 100% remotely
- A WFH stipend to support your home office setup
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 16 weeks of paid family leave
- 401(k) matching program
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Annual subscriptions to Headspace, Ginger.io, and One Medical
- $120 a month to spend on tickets to live events
- Annual subscription to Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon music
The salary range for this role is $85,000 - $130,000. Actual compensation packages within that range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and specific location.
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!