Senior Counsel, Commercial
SeatGeek believes live events are powerful experiences that unite humans. With our technological savvy and fan-first attitude we’re simplifying and modernizing the ticketing industry.
By catering to both consumers and enterprises, we’re powering a new, open entertainment ecosystem where fans have effortless access to experiences, and teams, venues, and shows have seamless access to their audiences. Because everyone should expect more from ticketing.
As Senior Counsel reporting to the Deputy General Counsel, you will help to accelerate the momentum of SeatGeek’s growth by focusing on facilitating deal negotiation and execution for our enterprise SaaS business. In addition to strong legal skills, we’re looking for someone with the leadership acumen and credibility to inspire confidence, build trust and successfully work with a number of cross-functional teams to solicit input and drive the contract process toward successful execution.
What you'll do
- Draft, negotiate and structure complex enterprise SaaS and sponsorship agreements with major sports franchises and other strategic partners, working closely with our enterprise sales team and prospective enterprise clients
- Review, draft, and negotiate a wide variety of other commercial agreements and amendments, including analytics, product integration, licensing, professional services, and other general vendor and operations agreements
- Stay apprised of ever-changing laws affecting the SeatGeek business, and ensure contractual terms comply with state and federal law
- Work closely with teams across product, finance, data, marketing and client support to ensure terms align with company objectives and priorities
- Help develop processes to ensure ongoing compliance with contractual commitments and provide practical, solutions-oriented advice to help client teams navigate issues that may arise in the customer relationship such as service outages, SLA remedies, etc.
- Develop and maintain forms for key agreements and a contract playbook related to material terms
- Assist with defining and implementing best practices around workflow and process to further scale the legal department
- Assist with other legal matters as requested
What you have
- J.D. degree from a top accredited institution and admission to practice (or in-house eligibility) to practice law in New York
- 7+ years of post-J.D. experience, ideally including both top law firm and commercial counsel experience as part of an in-house legal team
- Outstanding drafting, communication and analytical skills with impeccable attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Substantial experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements involving technology, including licensing agreements (data licensing, SaaS agreements, etc.)
- Working knowledge of privacy laws as they relate to commercial contracts
- Demonstrated ability to handle a broad range of responsibilities and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to balance legal risk mitigation against key business objectives and risks
- Growth mindset with a strong desire to grow professionally, upskill, learn about new products, technologies and processes, and remain agile and adaptable
- Equity stake
- Flexible work environment, allowing you to work as many days a week in the office as you’d like or 100% remotely
- A WFH stipend to support your home office setup
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 16 weeks of paid family leave
- 401(k) matching program
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Annual subscriptions to Headspace, Ginger.io, and One Medical
- $120 a month to spend on tickets to live events
- Annual subscription to Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon music
The salary range for this role is $160,000- $245,000. Actual compensation packages within that range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and specific location.
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!