Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
SeatGeek believes live events are powerful experiences that unite humans. With our technological savvy and fan-first attitude we’re simplifying and modernizing the ticketing industry.
By catering to both consumers and enterprises, we’re powering a new, open entertainment ecosystem where fans have effortless access to experiences, and teams, venues, and shows have seamless access to their audiences. Because everyone should expect more from ticketing.
SeatGeek has grown from a consumer-facing marketplace to a global enterprise software solution. The complexity of our financial transactions and Accounts Payable (AP) obligations has followed that growth. Reporting into the Director, Accounting, the Senior Accounts Payable Specialist will actively interact with our vendors to ensure recordkeeping compliance as well as analyze and report on spending trends.
What you'll do
- Monitor and organize our AP inbox, forwarding and delegating communications as needed to other staff members
- Review all invoices and payment requests received, determine appropriate general ledger coding, and input invoices into our payables system alongside all support required
- Help facilitate weekly payments to vendors and coordinate as needed with members of the business and finance team to ensure that vendors are paid accurately and timely
- Correspond with vendors: answer inquiries, research discrepancies, review and report on past due amounts, credits, etc.
- Archive invoices and support documents, ensure uniform naming convention for all files, and maintain proper audit support
- Participate in the monthly close process and assist in reconciling general ledger accounts, as needed
- Ensure ongoing 1099 reporting compliance throughout the year and assist in the timely preparation of forms due to all corresponding parties
- Participate in financial and regulatory audits by compiling and presenting AP supporting documents to internal and external parties
- Proactively identify AP improvement opportunities and support implementation
- Collaborate across departments to answer questions and provide other support, as needed
What you have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field, preferred
- 2+ years of experience in accounts payable
- Experience with invoice management and ERP systems; Netsuite and Coupa preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the proven ability to present and explain corporate policies and suggest process improvements to other team members
- Strong project management and organization skills, including the ability to multitask, prioritize various work streams simultaneously and meet tight timelines
- Interest in sports, music, theater and live entertainment
- Equity stake
- Flexible work environment, allowing you to work as many days a week in the office as you’d like or 100% remotely
- A WFH stipend to support your home office setup
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 16 weeks of paid family leave
- 401(k) matching program
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Annual subscriptions to Headspace, Ginger.io, and One Medical
- $120 a month to spend on tickets to live events
- Annual subscription to Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon music
The salary range for this role is $55,000-$85,000. Actual compensation packages within that range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and specific location.
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!