Customer Support Lead
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2024
Seniority Level: Senior Manager/Director
Industry: Information Technology & Services, Computer Software, Start-up, Biotechnology, Biopharma, Pharmaceuticals
Employment Type: Full-time
Job functions: Customer Support, Technical Support
Location: Remote, US business hours required
We are looking for a Customer Support Lead (Senior Manager / Director) with 3-5+ years of experience in customer support, customer experience, technical support, or account management in the SaaS industry. The role will be Senior Manager / Director, depending on the experience.
The ideal candidate will have several years of experience managing a customer and/or technical support team, in addition to experience as an individual team member managing tickets and ticketing queues. The individual has a customer-centric mindset with a passion for customer support, and is excited by achieving high performance KPIs with queue management (e.g., reducing ticket close times, driving higher CSAT, etc.). The ideal candidate has a “hands on” mindset and will individually address customer support inquiries while managing the team. A background in customer service, technical support, or customer experience in the SaaS industry is required. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter with a proven track record of driving customer engagement. You should be highly driven and able to thrive and prioritize correctly in a fast-paced environment. You should be software technology savvy, data driven, and able to liaise between the customers and internal stakeholders to share feedback and resolve any issues. Most importantly, you should be customer obsessed and passionate about the opportunity of using software to streamline and transform the way research outsourcing is conducted to enable breakthrough scientific discoveries.
About Science Exchange:
The Science Exchange supplier orchestration platform helps scientists accelerate their research by providing an all-in-one digital platform to source, order, manage and pay for R&D products and services. Scientists get instant access to our network of 3,500+ CROs, CMOs, and academic labs that are already contracted and qualified so projects can start without the delays caused by contract negotiations and provider onboarding. We automate repetitive administrative tasks, purchasing workflows, reporting, and payment processing. Our solutions are trusted by the world’s top life sciences organizations, saving thousands of hours and millions of dollars in costs while helping to advance drug discoveries. Science Exchange was seeded out of Y Combinator in 2011 and has raised over $70M from top venture funds including USV, Maverick Capital, and Norwest Venture Partners. We are a remote first company with employees all over the U.S., Europe and Asia/Pacific. Our talented and passionate team includes developers, designers, marketers, and scientists that are charged with bringing intellectual rigor and creativity to every decision we make.
About the role:
- Lead and manage a small (3+) customer support team, provide guidance, support, and ongoing training, mentoring, and coaching to drive team success and performance.
- Own our Customer Support ticketing queues (in Salesforce), where you’ll provide support to requesters and suppliers in a timely manner with high quality and a customer centric approach
- Act as a main point of issue escalation for complex customer problems, troubleshoot issues, and resolve them in a timely manner
- Triage and manage incoming customer support tickets in the queues, this role will spend time both addressing tickets individually and managing the team
- Collaborate with all cross-functional teams, including product and engineering, to report and resolve technical issues.
- Continuously improve processes and workflows to enhance team efficiency, performance, and customer satisfaction (CSAT).
- Develop and maintain knowledge base resources and documentation for internal use, including training and customer support process documentation.
- Monitor and improve customer support metrics and KPIs to identify trends, opportunities for improvement, and ways to improve the customer experience.
- Collaborate with the revenue, operations, legal, and implementation teams to ensure stellar post-onboarding experience for new customers.
- Stay up to speed with industry trends and best practices in customer support and SaaS platforms.
- Document all customer interactions and resolutions in Salesforce.
- Become an expert on Science Exchange product and be able to efficiently resolve technical issues and train users on newly released features.
- Delegate tasks effectively, considering individual team members' strengths and development areas
Specific qualifications & requirements:
- B.S. degree in a STEM field required
- 3-5+ years of experience in customer-facing roles, including but not limited to, customer service, customer experience or technical support in the SaaS or life science industries
- Experience managing a small team of direct reports
- Passionate about a customer and technical support career
- Proficiency in Salesforce and JIRA
- Experience implementing automation-based improvements to customer support workflows and technology
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities
- US-based business hours
- Familiarity with biopharma operations, drug discovery and development, and the R&D outsourcing market nice to have
Ready to join us?
Science Exchange is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.