Application Support Engineer
Marigold helps brands foster customer relationships through the science and art of connection. Marigold Relationship Marketing is a suite of world-class martech solutions that help marketers create long term customer love and loyalty. Marigold’s products address the Messaging, Loyalty and Experiences marketing offerings, to a customer base that is categorized in three segments: Enterprise, Professional and Commercial. Marigold provides the most comprehensive set of use cases for Marketers at any level. Headquartered in Nashville, TN, Marigold has offices globally across the United States, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, India, South America and Central America, as well as in Japan.
○ Minimum 5 years of experience in Application/Technical Support or equivalent roles, preferably in the SaaS or MarTech companies
○ A Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or Computer Engineering, or with equivalent work experience.
○ Proficient in written and spoken English
○ Able to explain technical investigation outcomes to non-technical users in layman's terms
○ Passionate about customer support and always strive for customer service excellence
○ Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities effectively
○ A fast learner with a strong technical aptitude to learn a range of Marigold platforms and solutions, and willing to learn new technologies
○ A self-starter who can work independently and with a “get things done” attitude to deliver a satisfactory resolution of client requests/problem.
○ Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and passionate about investigating complex issues
○ Have good interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate closely with different functional teams in resolving issues
○ Able to be on standby and if required, work during weekends
○ Answer “How do I...” questions with best practices in mind
○ Triage, research and troubleshoot (as a Tier 2 level) all inbound queries and issues that are related to the platforms we supported
○ Provide timely updates with meaningful information (current status, plan of action, next steps) to clients via email or our CRM platform or when necessary, phone call.
○ Understand the business impact and prioritize the case effectively to ensure cases are handled/resolved within the stipulated SLA, and client expectation is well managed
○ Escalate cases to our internal team with detailed investigation outcomes provided
○ Raise incidents and work together with the Incident team to identify root causes and fix the problem
○ Work closely with different functional teams (Dev, Product, Services, SRE, etc) to identify the best solution/fix to any reported problems or propose a workaround if the solution is not available
○ Document all case details and troubleshooting steps in our CRM system and where applicable, create HOWTO articles in our knowledge base
○ Strong experience in supporting web servers (IIS) and web applications
○ Good knowledge of relational databases with extensive hands-on experience in writing SQL queries
○ Good understanding of web technologies (HTML, XML, CSS), computer networking & security (IP address, TLS/SSL, VPN), HTTP (Redirects, Link Tracking) and SMTP.
○ Good knowledge of FTP/SFTP protocols
○. Hands-on experience in API calls and in using API tools like Postman
○ Basic knowledge of Linux/Unix commands and any programming languages like (C++/C#, Java, or Perl)
○ Basic understanding of the Hadoop Ecosystem