Human Resources Business Partner (Remote)
Job Category:Human Resources
Pay Grade Range:$82,135.00 - $191,645.00
Disclaimer: The base salary range represents the low and high end of Altus Group’s “Pay Grade Range” for this position in the primary work location. Actual hiring salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to work experience, and geographic market data for the role. The Pay Grade Range listed above does not reflect Altus Group’s total compensation for employees. Other rewards may include an annual bonus, flexible work arrangements, and region-specific benefits.
Unlock your Altus Experience!
If you’re looking to advance your career in data analytics, expertise, and technology for the rapidly growing global CRE market, there’s no better place than Altus Group. At Altus, our work is purposeful. Every day, our employees drive impact, innovate, and shape the global commercial real estate (CRE) and PropTech industry.
Our people-centric culture empowers you to deliver in a high trust, high performance culture, surrounded by an inclusive team that’s collaborating to modernize our industry. We invest in our people with training and growth opportunities designed to propel you further in your career while providing a flexible and progressive workplace that reflects our values and teams.Altus Group, a professional services company is seeking an experienced Human Resources Business Partner. Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, this is a global role for a Human Resources Business Partner who wants to enhance the depth and breadth of their skills. This role will focus on aligning HR strategy to business strategy, function as a partner to the business, technical systems rollout, performance management initiatives, training, and long-term process building. This is an exciting opportunity to join us as we continue to scale globally, expand our service and solution offerings, and participate in M&A activities.
- Builds strong relationships with senior leaders and provide thought partnership on how HR can help deliver on the business objectives.
- Employee Relations. You will provide day-to-day guidance to managers and employees with a focus on policy interpretation and conflict resolution. You will respond to employee inquiries/complaints ensuring, appropriate documentation, follow-up, responsiveness, and thorough communication. Provides advice and counsel for complex and higher risk employee relation issues including conducting investigations and collaborate with counsel when necessary.
- Leads and partners with COEs with the creation, implementation, adaption and change management of HR initiatives, programs, and policies.
- Support talent management. You will support employees through the entire employment life cycle ensuring successful on-boarding off-boarding. You will support talent initiatives and programs, including employee engagement and retention programs. Partner with Recruiting to discuss with leaders resourcing needs and workforce planning.
- Leads year-end compensation cycle with client groups to ensure equitable decisions are made. Partner with Total Rewards on strategies on compensation/rewards and recognition.
- Uses data and analytics to form a point of view and provide insights. You will leverage HR systems to retrieve data and produce key metrics to identify HR opportunities and challenges impacting the business, aid in investigations, and facilitate decision making. Analyzes and integrates people metrics and reporting into key insights and provide recommendations and solutions to leaders attract and retain talent. Research HR best practices. You will research best practice guidelines for the development of initiatives, programs, and policies.
- Drive HR projects. You will assist in the development, communication, and implementation of HR programs and initiatives that promote individual and corporate performance.
- Learn and stay abreast of changing business strategy and operational drivers of client groups to understand HR strategy & requirements to meet business objectives/goals. This includes organizational design, job design, succession planning, leverage model issues, identification of training needs.
- Provides change management expertise in a global and virtual environment.
- Performance management
- The ideal combination of education and experience. You have a degree in Human Resources or a related discipline and 8 or more years in Human Resources including policy building and interpretation and conflict resolution. SHRM designation or in pursuit of the designation is desirable.
- Technical HR knowledge. Strong knowledge of employment law. Prefer to have working knowledge of multiple countries as well.
- The accountability. You deliver expected outcomes and initiatives on time and with an excellent level of satisfaction. You act on opportunities for improvement, researching, and following HR best practices.
- The communication skills. You have exceptional written and verbal skills with an ability to elicit information from any level of employee.
- The relationship building skills. You know trust is a two-way street and you maintain an open and fair approach. You believe in working closely across departments to align managers and employees within the office, the region, and the company.
- The analytical and reporting skills. You have a strong ability to synthesize information, analyze data and provide a summary of analysis.
- The administrative soft skills. You can expertly balance conflicting priorities of demanding and diverse client groups within a changing environment. You are logical with sound judgement. You are process-oriented with excellent attention to detail.
- Tech-savvy. You have experience with MS Office and HRIS systems. Workday would be a strong asset.
- The right personality. You are motivated, energetic, animated, assertive, and outgoing. Ultimately, you are approachable, and you believe in creating a fun atmosphere of learning and support.
- Strong business acumen skills, solution oriented, with the ability to bring a strategic perspective, proactive approach, and ability to drive business success.
What Altus Group offers:
- Rewarding performance: We are pleased to be able to provide employees competitive compensation, incentive and bonus plans, and a total rewards package that prioritizes their mental, physical and overall financial health.
- Growth and development: As a destination for top industry talent, we’re investing in you to meet the evolving needs of our clients and deliver on your professional goals. Our Altus Intelligence Academy offers over 150,000 hours of learning materials catering to diverse stages of an employee’s career journey.
- Flexible work model: We’re modernizing our employee programs to reflect the new world of work. Our Activity-Based Work model provides you with flexibility to align your work location to the work being performed - office for connecting and collaborating, and remote for focused work.
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where all clients and employees feel welcomed, accepted and valued. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Applicants with disabilities may contact Altus Group to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 888 692 7487.
We appreciate all applicants who take the time to apply to Altus Group. Please note that only those who are selected to move forward in the process will be contacted. Thank you.