Analyst, Advisory (Real Estate Valuation)
Job Category:Valuations & Appraisals
Pay Grade Range:S$32,400.00 - S$75,600.00
Disclaimer: The base salary range represents the low and high end of Altus Group’s “Pay Grade Range” for this position in the primary work location. Actual hiring salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to work experience, and geographic market data for the role. The Pay Grade Range listed above does not reflect Altus Group’s total compensation for employees. Other rewards may include an annual bonus, flexible work arrangements, and region-specific benefits.
Unlock your Altus Experience!
If you’re looking to advance your career in data analytics, expertise, and technology for the rapidly growing global CRE market, there’s no better place than Altus Group. At Altus, our work is purposeful. Every day, our employees drive impact, innovate, and shape the global commercial real estate (CRE) and PropTech industry.
Our people-centric culture empowers you to deliver in a high trust, high performance culture, surrounded by an inclusive team that’s collaborating to modernize our industry. We invest in our people with training and growth opportunities designed to propel you further in your career while providing a flexible and progressive workplace that reflects our values and teams.Altus Group has an immediate opening for a Real Estate Valuation Analyst role within our Global Advisory business unit in Singapore. The successful candidate will support a team of 7 based in Singapore.
Altus Group has an immediate opening for a Real Estate Valuation Analyst role within our Advisory business unit in Singapore. The successful candidate will support a team of 7 based in Singapore. The primary role of the Valuation Analyst will be to provide support to the valuation (appraisal) management and review process of commercial real estate portfolios located across Asia Pacific. Each quarter, the Analyst will assist in the valuation management, review process, and update of ARGUS and/or MS-Excel models for all property types, as well as assist in the preparation of client deliverables.
Assisting in the valuation (appraisal) management process for Global and Regional Real Estate funds.
Conducting reviews of external third-party commercial real estate valuations across APAC.
Analysing and reviewing ARGUS and MS-Excel based valuations models for accuracy and reasonableness.
Tracking and understanding changes between valuations from quarter to quarter.
Providing assistance in researching and understanding inconsistencies/discrepancies in valuations.
Preparing presentations on review findings and portfolio metrics.
Gaining an understanding of the standard real estate valuation methods and any regional-based nuances.
Understanding the fundamentals of the commercial real estate industry and key regional markets.
Assisting in gathering quarterly market research.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- A university degree in real estate, finance, or a related field is required.
- 0-1 year of real estate valuation experience, with any current or prior exposure in a valuation firm (e.g. CBRE, JLL, C&W, Knight Frank, Savills) being a plus.
- An understanding of IVS/RICS Valuation Standards.
- Good financial modeling skills to model and analyse commercial real estate assets in ARGUS Enterprise and MS-Excel. Prior knowledge or use of ARGUS Enterprise is a plus.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise projects and portfolios; strong time-management skills.
- High level of integrity and intellectual curiosity.
Languages: Fluency in English with any other additional Asian languages (such as Japanese) is an advantage.
What Altus Group offers:
- Rewarding performance: We are pleased to be able to provide employees competitive compensation, incentive and bonus plans, and a total rewards package that prioritizes their mental, physical and overall financial health.
- Growth and development: As a destination for top industry talent, we’re investing in you to meet the evolving needs of our clients and deliver on your professional goals. Our Altus Intelligence Academy offers over 150,000 hours of learning materials catering to diverse stages of an employee’s career journey.
- Flexible work model: We’re modernizing our employee programs to reflect the new world of work. Our Activity-Based Work model provides you with flexibility to align your work location to the work being performed - office for connecting and collaborating, and remote for focused work.
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where all clients and employees feel welcomed, accepted and valued. We provide an atmosphere free from barriers to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage equal opportunities for all employees. We’re seeking candidates with diverse experiences and provide accessible candidate experiences throughout the selection process. If you need accommodation, +1 888 692 7487.
We appreciate all applicants who take the time to apply to Altus Group. Please note that only those who are selected to move forward in the process will be contacted. Thank you.