Job Category:Property Tax Consulting
Pay Grade Range:$103,900.00 - $242,430.00
Disclaimer: The base salary range represents the low and high end of Altus Group’s “Pay Grade Range” for this position in the primary work location. Actual hiring salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to work experience, and geographic market data for the role. The Pay Grade Range listed above does not reflect Altus Group’s total compensation for employees. Other rewards may include an annual bonus, flexible work arrangements, and region-specific benefits.
Unlock your Altus Experience!
If you’re looking to advance your career in data analytics, expertise, and technology for the rapidly growing global CRE market, there’s no better place than Altus Group. At Altus, our work is purposeful. Every day, our employees drive impact, innovate, and shape the global commercial real estate (CRE) and PropTech industry.
Our people-centric culture empowers you to deliver in a high trust, high performance culture, surrounded by an inclusive team that’s collaborating to modernize our industry. We invest in our people with training and growth opportunities designed to propel you further in your career while providing a flexible and progressive workplace that reflects our values and teams.We are currently searching for a Director with our Energy Practice to join our Calgary office. This is an in-person role (at the office).This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our highly respected, collaborative team, working directly with clients. You will provide a variety of property assessment and tax consulting services within the energy sector: renewable, non-renewable, and complex industrial.
We have built strong working relationships with all stakeholders, ensuring that we stay current of market conditions, property assessment and tax trends. As one of our senior consultants you will have an industry advantage as you leverage the technologies and breadth of our data, combined with local expertise, to efficiently manage tax liabilities and maximize potential tax savings.
Provide a full range of consulting. You will conduct property assessments and tax consultations, prepare and present advance consultation reporting, assist with Assessment Tribunal presentations, and present expert evidence.
Conduct valuation and assessment analysis. You will work with both junior and senior team members on client portfolios to review and report on projects.
Assemble research and identify areas for further investigation to support position
Prepare and present assessment reporting as required under legislation. Support tax procedures: Annual property tax budgeting for clients, monitor municipal deadlines for the payments, contribute to work plans and reports to clients advising of taxes payable.
Follow best practices. You will continuously upgrade knowledge regarding market and industry trends, property assessment and taxation practices and procedures, legislation and regulations.
Prepare reports. You will use the latest market information obtained from various internal/external partners to create and deliver high impact client presentations and well-reasoned comprehensive property reports with recommendations.
Manage client relationships. You will foster strong relationships with clients, delivering outstanding service, maintaining high levels of professionalism responding to concerns and inquiries promptly, and escalating issues as needed.
Collaborate. You will coach and mentor Analysts, Consultants and Senior Consultants, sharing knowledge to increase productivity and maintain high standards.
Network. You will nurture relationships with clients, growing and maintaining their engagement of our services, securing referrals, attending industry events and company initiatives, and sharing information and insights where possible.
Develop Business. You will assist in the growth of the practice through identifying opportunities to provide additional service to existing clients as well as new client opportunities.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Law, Business, Economics, Math or in a related discipline. Diploma programs specific to the energy industry may be considered adequate depending on related experience.
- Industry expertise. You have 7 years of experience in the energy sector with a focus on property assessment valuation practices and advisory. You have a good understanding of the legislative rules for the determination of property assessments and taxes. You are familiar with industry software, and you have excellent skills with Microsoft programs including Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Relationship building. You can build and foster relationships with internal and client stakeholders across all levels. You can mentor junior team members.
- Transparent communication style. You are an outstanding communicator who can channel insights, clarify ambiguities, and present complex information in a structured and accessible way. You can negotiate effectively with other professionals.
What Altus Group offers:
- Rewarding performance: We are pleased to be able to provide employees competitive compensation, incentive and bonus plans, and a total rewards package that prioritizes their mental, physical and overall financial health.
- Growth and development: As a destination for top industry talent, we’re investing in you to meet the evolving needs of our clients and deliver on your professional goals. Our Altus Intelligence Academy offers over 150,000 hours of learning materials catering to diverse stages of an employee’s career journey.
- Flexible work model: We’re modernizing our employee programs to reflect the new world of work. Our Activity-Based Work model provides you with flexibility to align your work location to the work being performed - office for connecting and collaborating, and remote for focused work.
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where all clients and employees feel welcomed, accepted and valued. We provide an atmosphere free from barriers to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage equal opportunities for all employees. We’re seeking candidates with diverse experiences and provide accessible candidate experiences throughout the selection process. If you need accommodation, +1 888 692 7487.
We appreciate all applicants who take the time to apply to Altus Group. Please note that only those who are selected to move forward in the process will be contacted. Thank you.