Analyst, Debt Valuation
Job Category:Valuations & Appraisals
Pay Grade Range:₹420,000.00 - ₹980,000.00
Disclaimer: The base salary range represents the low and high end of Altus Group’s “Pay Grade Range” for this position in the primary work location. Actual hiring salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to work experience, and geographic market data for the role. The Pay Grade Range listed above does not reflect Altus Group’s total compensation for employees. Other rewards may include an annual bonus, flexible work arrangements, and region-specific benefits.
Unlock your Altus Experience!
If you’re looking to advance your career in data analytics, expertise, and technology for the rapidly growing global CRE market, there’s no better place than Altus Group. At Altus, our work is purposeful. Every day, our employees drive impact, innovate, and shape the global commercial real estate (CRE) and PropTech industry.
Our people-centric culture empowers you to deliver in a high trust, high performance culture, surrounded by an inclusive team that’s collaborating to modernize our industry. We invest in our people with training and growth opportunities designed to propel you further in your career while providing a flexible and progressive workplace that reflects our values and teams.Reporting to the Manager- Delivery, the Analyst will be responsible for the collection and organization of commercial real estate data, which is to be used for debt valuation consulting services. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of the debt valuation process, understanding loan documentation, financial reporting, and collateral. As an Analyst, you will have visibility to and participate in our Altus Group services offerings that may include Tax, Cost, and other commercial real estate Intelligence as a Service.
- Manage periodic setup of work files including verifying and reviewing source data.
- Research, analyze and update sales comparable on a periodic basis for support in determining collateral value in the valuation process.
- Prepare accurate analysis of financial and real estate data to be used in the underwriting and valuation process.
- Learn to read and understand for the purpose of creating abstractions, various loan documents including investment committee memos, loan agreements, promissory notes, etc. as well as review external third-party collateral appraisal reports.
- Develop cash flow projections or portions of cash flow projections to support in the valuation and managed services process.
- Understand and summarize property characteristics and details. Complete reporting functions within the valuation process
- Contribute to the maintenance and accuracy of internal data management systems.
- Continuously upgrading the level of knowledge regarding real estate debt analysis. Accurately completing time sheets on a daily basis ensuring non-billable time and recoverable expenses are clearly outlined.
- 2.5-5 years of relevant work experience preferably in Commerce, Real Estate, Economics, or Finance. Real estate background, specifically Commercial experience is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and oral presentation.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Outlook, Excel (VLookup, Pivot Tables, Etc.)
- Basic skills in understanding and interpreting financial models (i.e. Excel, Argus, etc.). Ability to understand and interpret a loan documentation and reporting.
- ARGUS Enterprise experience is an asset. Excellent research, quantitative and analytical skills.
What Altus Group offers:
- Rewarding performance: We are pleased to be able to provide employees competitive compensation, incentive and bonus plans, and a total rewards package that prioritizes their mental, physical and overall financial health.
- Growth and development: As a destination for top industry talent, we’re investing in you to meet the evolving needs of our clients and deliver on your professional goals. Our Altus Intelligence Academy offers over 150,000 hours of learning materials catering to diverse stages of an employee’s career journey.
- Flexible work model: We’re modernizing our employee programs to reflect the new world of work. Our Activity-Based Work model provides you with flexibility to align your work location to the work being performed - office for connecting and collaborating, and remote for focused work.
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where all clients and employees feel welcomed, accepted and valued. We provide an atmosphere free from barriers to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage equal opportunities for all employees. We’re seeking candidates with diverse experiences and provide accessible candidate experiences throughout the selection process. If you need accommodation, +1 888 692 7487.
We appreciate all applicants who take the time to apply to Altus Group. Please note that only those who are selected to move forward in the process will be contacted. Thank you.