Real Property Consultant
Job Category:Property Tax Consulting
Pay Grade Range:$60,840.00 - $141,960.00
Disclaimer: The base salary range represents the low and high end of Altus Group’s “Pay Grade Range” for this position in the primary work location. Actual hiring salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to work experience, and geographic market data for the role. The Pay Grade Range listed above does not reflect Altus Group’s total compensation for employees. Other rewards may include an annual bonus, flexible work arrangements, and region-specific benefits.
Unlock your Altus Experience!
If you’re looking to advance your career in data analytics, expertise, and technology for the rapidly growing global CRE market, there’s no better place than Altus Group. At Altus, our work is purposeful. Every day, our employees drive impact, innovate, and shape the global commercial real estate (CRE) and PropTech industry.
Our people-centric culture empowers you to deliver in a high trust, high performance culture, surrounded by an inclusive team that’s collaborating to modernize our industry. We invest in our people with training and growth opportunities designed to propel you further in your career while providing a flexible and progressive workplace that reflects our values and teams.Altus Group is looking for a Tax Consultant in our Real Property Tax division to support Tennessee appeals to join our Houston Office. This role will be reporting to the Director. In this role, you will be a project manager, with a focus on client service and retention. Overseeing the execution of project scope as determined by supervisors. You will be working with leadership to determine the scope of projects, and then closely monitoring the status of those projects through to completion. This includes communication of project status (both internally and externally).
- Analyzing data to determine scope and action plan for projects.
- Protect, renew and expand existing clients. Responsive to all clients requests.
- Presenting cases and communicating technical matters to authorities in order to negotiate settlements or advance appeals under supervision of leadership.
- Executing highly technical research, analysis, and project support that requires extensive service line knowledge.
- Building relationships with prospects and existing clients in order to identify new client opportunities and expand client engagements.
- Knowledge sharing, networking, conference attendance, and professional education.
Bachelor’s degree (Finance, Economics, Accounting, Real Estate or other business-related field preferred, but not required)
Commercial real estate and/or valuation experience.
Previous real property tax consulting experience is a plus.
Experience appearing before boards is a plus.
Multi-State experience would be beneficial.
Resourceful with strong analytical skills.
Strong writing, and communication skills
Intermediate Microsoft office skills.
What Altus Group offers:
- Rewarding performance: We are pleased to be able to provide employees competitive compensation, incentive and bonus plans, and a total rewards package that prioritizes their mental, physical and overall financial health.
- Growth and development: As a destination for top industry talent, we’re investing in you to meet the evolving needs of our clients and deliver on your professional goals. Our Altus Intelligence Academy offers over 150,000 hours of learning materials catering to diverse stages of an employee’s career journey.
- Flexible work model: We’re modernizing our employee programs to reflect the new world of work. Our Activity-Based Work model provides you with flexibility to align your work location to the work being performed - office for connecting and collaborating, and remote for focused work.
We appreciate all applicants who take the time to apply to Altus Group. Please note that only those who are selected to move forward in the process will be contacted. Thank you.