Real Estate Valuation Intern
Pay Grade Range:€24,000.00 - €56,000.00
Disclaimer: The base salary range represents the low and high end of Altus Group’s “Pay Grade Range” for this position in the primary work location. Actual hiring salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to work experience, and geographic market data for the role. The Pay Grade Range listed above does not reflect Altus Group’s total compensation for employees. Other rewards may include an annual bonus, flexible work arrangements, and region-specific benefits.
Unlock your Altus Experience!
If you’re looking to advance your career in data analytics, expertise, and technology for the rapidly growing global CRE market, there’s no better place than Altus Group. At Altus, our work is purposeful. Every day, our employees drive impact, innovate, and shape the global commercial real estate (CRE) and PropTech industry.
Our people-centric culture empowers you to deliver in a high trust, high performance culture, surrounded by an inclusive team that’s collaborating to modernize our industry. We invest in our people with training and growth opportunities designed to propel you further in your career while providing a flexible and progressive workplace that reflects our values and teams.Reporting to the Manager, Advisory the Real Estate Valuation Intern is passionate about real estate, valuation, appraisal methods, and property risk management. As a Real Estate Valuation Intern you will support Altus’ European Advisory team consisting of a small team based in London and Luxembourg. Their primary role will be to provide support to the appraisal review process of commercial real estate portfolios located across Europe. Each quarter, the intern will assist in the review and update of ARGUS and/or MS-Excel models for all property types, as well as assist in the preparation of client deliverables.It is a 6 month contract which may lead to long term employment.
- Assisting in the appraisal management process for clients such as major banks, pension funds, insurance companies and real estate funds.
- Analysing and reviewing ARGUS and MS-Excel valuations models for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Assisting in gathering quarterly market research.
- Tracking changes between valuations from quarter to quarter.
- Providing assistance in researching and understanding inconsistencies and discrepancies in appraisal reports.
- Preparing portfolio metric presentations.
- Gaining an understanding of the standard appraisal methods applied.
- Understanding key fundamentals of the real estate industry in order to calculate industry key ratios.
- Currently in the 4th or final year of a degree from a University, an Engineering school or a Business school (in economics, real estate or finance).
- Strong financial modelling skills in order to model and analyse complex assets in ARGUS and MS-Excel.
- Appraisal experience or prior exposure in appraisal is a plus.
- Willingness to support teammates in tackling the group’s workload.
- Proficient in Excel (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP, modelling, macro, etc.).
- Basic understanding of Argus software is a plus.
- An understanding of the concepts of Present Value and Future Value, knowledge of real estate valuation techniques is a plus.
- Languages: Fluency in English required. Additional European languages are an advantage.
What Altus Group offers:
- Rewarding performance: We are pleased to be able to provide employees competitive compensation, incentive and bonus plans, and a total rewards package that prioritizes their mental, physical and overall financial health.
- Growth and development: As a destination for top industry talent, we’re investing in you to meet the evolving needs of our clients and deliver on your professional goals. Our Altus Intelligence Academy offers over 150,000 hours of learning materials catering to diverse stages of an employee’s career journey.
- Flexible work model: We’re modernizing our employee programs to reflect the new world of work. Our Activity-Based Work model provides you with flexibility to align your work location to the work being performed - office for connecting and collaborating, and remote for focused work.
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where all clients and employees feel welcomed, accepted and valued. We provide an atmosphere free from barriers to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage equal opportunities for all employees. We’re seeking candidates with diverse experiences and provide accessible candidate experiences throughout the selection process. If you need accommodation,
We appreciate all applicants who take the time to apply to Altus Group. Please note that only those who are selected to move forward in the process will be contacted. Thank you.