Associate Director, Cost Monitoring
Job Category:Cost Management Consulting
Pay Grade Range:$86,585.00 - $202,025.00
Disclaimer: The base salary range represents the low and high end of Altus Group’s “Pay Grade Range” for this position in the primary work location. Actual hiring salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to work experience, and geographic market data for the role. The Pay Grade Range listed above does not reflect Altus Group’s total compensation for employees. Other rewards may include an annual bonus, flexible work arrangements, and region-specific benefits.
Unlock your Altus Experience!
If you’re looking to advance your career in data analytics, expertise, and technology for the rapidly growing global CRE market, there’s no better place than Altus Group. At Altus, our work is purposeful. Every day, our employees drive impact, innovate, and shape the global commercial real estate (CRE) and PropTech industry.
Our people-centric culture empowers you to deliver in a high trust, high performance culture, surrounded by an inclusive team that’s collaborating to modernize our industry. We invest in our people with training and growth opportunities designed to propel you further in your career while providing a flexible and progressive workplace that reflects our values and teams.Altus is looking for a senior individual with quantity surveying and cost management expertise to join the leadership team in the Vancouver Office. This is an exciting opportunity to join the Development Advisory team who collaborates with Owners, Contractors, and Lenders on a diverse range of private and public construction projects throughout British Columbia and the West Coast of the U.S.
- Provide a full range of quantity surveying and cost management advisory services
- Lead the design and production of client deliverables for projects and developments
- Collaborate with loan monitoring and pre-construction cost estimating/planning Directors to deliver services to clients
- Create budget, cost plans, estimates and cost control processes to manage projects profitably
- Prepare, write, develop, and issue Client cost and monitoring reports. Analyze bids, conduct trade and contractor cost analysis
- Advise clients on the requirements for successful project deliverables and outcomes and effectively resolve any client disputes with transparency
- Effectively engage and coach a team, as well as upskill a team of cost professionals to achieve outstanding performance
- Advise clients on risk, project change, claims and value management
- Make significant contributions to business development, strategy, innovation, and service expansion to help the team to grow profitably
- Manage Client relationships for renewal, referrals, and cross-selling business opportunities
- You have significant experience in cost management/quantity surveying consulting for commercial and public developments with a strong technical knowledge. You have already managed a team of high-performing professionals and you’re driven by achieving great outcomes for the Client.
- You may have a degree or diploma in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, Architecture, or a construction related field.
- You may have professional accreditation such as PQS, CIQS, RICS, PMI, membership
- You build and foster relationships with internal and Client stakeholders across all levels of construction projects
- You’re an outstanding communicator who can presents information in a way that is structured and makes sense.
- You implement effective project solutions and manage expectations whilst retaining the Client's trust and confidence.
What Altus Group offers:
- Rewarding performance: We are pleased to be able to provide employees competitive compensation, incentive and bonus plans, and a total rewards package that prioritizes their mental, physical and overall financial health.
- Growth and development: As a destination for top industry talent, we’re investing in you to meet the evolving needs of our clients and deliver on your professional goals. Our Altus Intelligence Academy offers over 150,000 hours of learning materials catering to diverse stages of an employee’s career journey.
- Flexible work model: We’re modernizing our employee programs to reflect the new world of work. Our Activity-Based Work model provides you with flexibility to align your work location to the work being performed - office for connecting and collaborating, and remote for focused work.
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where all clients and employees feel welcomed, accepted and valued. We provide an atmosphere free from barriers to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage equal opportunities for all employees. We’re seeking candidates with diverse experiences and provide accessible candidate experiences throughout the selection process. If you need accommodation,
We appreciate all applicants who take the time to apply to Altus Group. Please note that only those who are selected to move forward in the process will be contacted. Thank you.