Senior Cost Consultant
Job Category:Cost Management Consulting
Pay Grade Range:$49,335.00 - $155,405.00
Disclaimer: The base salary range represents the low and high end of Altus Group’s “Pay Grade Range” for this position in the primary work location. Actual hiring salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to work experience, and geographic market data for the role. The Pay Grade Range listed above does not reflect Altus Group’s total compensation for employees. Other rewards may include an annual bonus, flexible work arrangements, and region-specific benefits.
Unlock your Altus Experience!
If you’re looking to advance your career in data analytics, expertise, and technology for the rapidly growing global CRE market, there’s no better place than Altus Group. At Altus, our work is purposeful. Every day, our employees drive impact, innovate, and shape the global commercial real estate (CRE) and PropTech industry.
Our people-centric culture empowers you to deliver in a high trust, high performance culture, surrounded by an inclusive team that’s collaborating to modernize our industry. We invest in our people with training and growth opportunities designed to propel you further in your career while providing a flexible and progressive workplace that reflects our values and teams.The Senior Consultant, Claims Management will provide a variety of construction claims consulting services. Service mandates will come from new and existing clients in institutional, commercial, residential buildings, industrial construction and infrastructure sectors. The ability to understand construction claims, advise clients on quantum claims and prepare expert witness reports or defend quantum claims is essential for this job opportunity.
- Gathering, organizing and reviewing large quantities of client project data relevant to the dispute
- Analyzing construction cost and schedule disruptions and determining impacting causes from an expert perspective
- Allocating culpability of delay responsibility and calculating damages and impact costs arising from same
- Preparing expert reports that are concise, understandable and unbiased
- Reviewing and analyzing existing construction claim reports and provide alternate opinions
- Reviewing, analyzing, and reporting on contractor, vendor and consultant schedules & invoices
- Performing project cost risk analysis, performing quantum / cost assessments
- Ability to prepare, coordinate and deliver reports/cost analysis within agreed schedule and fee structure
- Guide clients through the options available to resolve the dispute and recommend the method of dispute resolution
- Maintaining ongoing client communication and resolve issues expeditiously
- Post-secondary education, preferably in engineering, technical, construction, quantity surveying, business or related
- 8+ years of construction claims experience
- MRICS and/or PQS designation required, LLB/MBA would be considered an asset
- Extensive knowledge of construction procurement methods, construction contracts, quantum claim techniques, loss of productivity calculations, change/risk assessment and dispute resolution methods
- Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, written & presentation (academic report writing skills are essential to this position)
- Client focused with a proven ability to build and maintain business relationships
- Expert knowledge of various forms of contract conditions is required
- Understanding of the real estate and advisory industry is required
What Altus Group offers:
- Rewarding performance: We are pleased to be able to provide employees competitive compensation, incentive and bonus plans, and a total rewards package that prioritizes their mental, physical and overall financial health.
- Growth and development: As a destination for top industry talent, we’re investing in you to meet the evolving needs of our clients and deliver on your professional goals. Our Altus Intelligence Academy offers over 150,000 hours of learning materials catering to diverse stages of an employee’s career journey.
- Flexible work model: We’re modernizing our employee programs to reflect the new world of work. Our Activity-Based Work model provides you with flexibility to align your work location to the work being performed - office for connecting and collaborating, and remote for focused work.
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where all clients and employees feel welcomed, accepted and valued. We provide an atmosphere free from barriers to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage equal opportunities for all employees. We’re seeking candidates with diverse experiences and provide accessible candidate experiences throughout the selection process. If you need accommodation,
We appreciate all applicants who take the time to apply to Altus Group. Please note that only those who are selected to move forward in the process will be contacted. Thank you.