Senior Project Manager
Job Category:Cost Management Consulting
Pay Grade Range:$86,585.00 - $202,025.00
Disclaimer: The base salary range represents the low and high end of Altus Group’s “Pay Grade Range” for this position in the primary work location. Actual hiring salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to work experience, and geographic market data for the role. The Pay Grade Range listed above does not reflect Altus Group’s total compensation for employees. Other rewards may include an annual bonus, flexible work arrangements, and region-specific benefits.
Unlock your Altus Experience!
If you’re looking to advance your career in data analytics, expertise, and technology for the rapidly growing global CRE market, there’s no better place than Altus Group. At Altus, our work is purposeful. Every day, our employees drive impact, innovate, and shape the global commercial real estate (CRE) and PropTech industry.
Our people-centric culture empowers you to deliver in a high trust, high performance culture, surrounded by an inclusive team that’s collaborating to modernize our industry. We invest in our people with training and growth opportunities designed to propel you further in your career while providing a flexible and progressive workplace that reflects our values and teams.Altus Group has an opening for a Senior Project Manager based out of our Toronto, Ontario office with our Development Advisory team. As a P.Eng, your construction infrastructure advisory /consulting experience will extend services to new and existing clients for public and private sector clients (through pre-bid/procurement and implementation phase). This involves being a technical expert in all aspects of Alternative Financing and Procurement (AFP) and public-private partnerships (P3s) including project delivery, project management, cost and schedule development, commercial and technical risk analysis and mitigation from initial planning phases to financial close and subsequently to final completion throughout the Infrastructure sector - bridges, major highways, transit, light rail, heavy rail and/or subway projects.
- Reviewing, assessing and recommending technical solutions for improvements on assigned AFP/P3 projects. Develop a clear deliverable framework which offers our clients guidance along clear findings and recommendations.
- Coordinating technical review of large AFP/P3 projects, reviewing technical/engineering aspects, environmental impact studies, risks, and other items such as site plans submitted by Project Company.
- Identifying major impacts of developments along transit corridors (heavy / light rail, subways, BRT, etc.), highway corridors, determining the necessity and scope of improvements / extensions / expansions, and communicating comments and concerns to clients.
- For owner / government clients, develop technical specifications with understanding of both technical/commercial aspects of a AFP/P3 contract. Provide advisory from procurement to implementation.
- Conducting or overseeing field inspections and providing responses to inquiries from Project Co, other government agencies to ensure assets and the materials and methods used during construction comply with all related permits, regulations, standards and contract documents, drawings & specifications.
- AFP/P3 Advisory - Understanding process, product and procurement routes as Technical Advisor to funders, investors, purchasers and local authorities
- Owner’s Representative /Project Manager in support of infrastructure projects secured. Provide services as an Independent Certifier, Provide Payment Mechanism modelling and analysis services
- Advising financial institutions and project sponsors on the assessment and ultimately the control of risks on their projects including identification, analysis and advice on design and construction proposals, site / building condition investigations, construction programs, construction delivery processes, statutory approvals, construction costs and life cycle provisions prior to financial close and during the construction / operational phases
- Assessing construction costs, identifying project risks and implementing control mechanisms, reviewing planned performance against actual progress, certifying monthly valuations, checking compliance with specifications / client requirements, examining site documentation and undertaking quality / risk assessment audits.
- Selecting, interviewing, appointing and leading multi functional bid teams of third party suppliers. Determining a bid strategy that ensures end users requirements and expectations are captured as part of the design process, whilst ensuring that all commercial, risk and partnering aspirations are achieved in order to deliver all the compliant bid documents.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering, or other comparable disciplines
- 11-15+ years of experience in AFP/P3 Infrastructure Advisory Services
- Professional Engineer Designation. Project Management Professional (PMP) would be an asset
- Self-motivated with a high degree of integrity, honesty and Proven strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Full and deep understanding of AFP/P3 financing mechanisms
- Solid business acumen and financial risk analysis skills. Ability to develop and manage business plans as well as budgets
- Strong understanding of the factors that influence the development cycle of PPP for high profile complex infrastructure projects and knowledge of construction industry in Canada & US
- IT skills – ability to read and understand engineering drawings
What Altus Group offers:
- Rewarding performance: We are pleased to be able to provide employees competitive compensation, incentive and bonus plans, and a total rewards package that prioritizes their mental, physical and overall financial health.
- Growth and development: As a destination for top industry talent, we’re investing in you to meet the evolving needs of our clients and deliver on your professional goals. Our Altus Intelligence Academy offers over 150,000 hours of learning materials catering to diverse stages of an employee’s career journey.
- Flexible work model: We’re modernizing our employee programs to reflect the new world of work. Our Activity-Based Work model provides you with flexibility to align your work location to the work being performed - office for connecting and collaborating, and remote for focused work.
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where all clients and employees feel welcomed, accepted and valued. We provide an atmosphere free from barriers to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage equal opportunities for all employees. We’re seeking candidates with diverse experiences and provide accessible candidate experiences throughout the selection process. If you need accommodation,
We appreciate all applicants who take the time to apply to Altus Group. Please note that only those who are selected to move forward in the process will be contacted. Thank you.