Group Strategy Director
Role x You:
The Group Strategy Director serves as a strategic leader across multiple projects and acts as a mentor and team leader to all direct reports. Responsible for developing and leading creative briefs, the Group Strategy Director must possess a deep understanding of clients’ key challenges and work closely with internal teams and external partners to recommend insights and opportunities.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for subcultures, emerging platforms, new technology, social content, pop culture, and the demonstrated ability to analyze data and interpret insights to create a compelling story. Serving as strategic lead on assigned accounts across the agency, you will use both qualitative and quantitative research to answer questions, prove or disprove hypotheses, and turn insights into actionable campaign strategies.
- Responsible for client business strategy, client relationships, and identifying long-term client needs and growth opportunities outside of a brief
- Develop strategic narratives to inspire audiences and culture-led ideas and meet brand objectives effectively
- Take ownership of the quality of the creative brief and briefing process.
- Formulate recommendations regarding the client's broader business strategy
- Participate in business development efforts as needed on pitches
- Partner closely with counterparts in Creative to ensure ideas are designed to solve a specific business problem
- Ensure the work is achieving our clients’ broader business and marketing goals
- Provide leadership and guidance for other team members on branding initiatives
- Manage projects that span multiple departments, identify the right priorities for the strategy team, and inspire them by being graceful under pressure
- Develop direct reports; help them push boundaries of what we create
You have these:
- 12+ years of agency experience with consultancy level strategic skills that span across brand, comms, and media
- Ability to manage 3+ accounts at once
- Ability to develop creative ideas with a team of multi-disciplinary team members
- Experience working in traditional and new media spaces
- Experience with mentoring and growing talent
- Wealth of understanding in qual and quant research and an insatiable curiosity to find the story in both
- Strong understanding of the trends shaping consumer behavior today and in the future
- Ability to work under deadlines and stay focused simultaneously on the big picture and smallest details
- Strong organizational, presentation, and project management skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Unmatched interpersonal skills, with the ability to rally the team and remain cool under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
We’d love if you also have these:
- As a global agency, additional language skills are a bonus
- Open to travel as necessary
Working at VICE:
We want to find people who believe in our mission and goals and feel inspired to grow while they’re here, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn’t invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you’ve got. VICE Media Group prioritizes the voices, ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don’t just “tolerate” differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE.
VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
VICE Media (VICE.com, VICE Studios, VICE TV, Virtue, VICE News, Refinery29, PULSE Films) is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual, and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique, and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
Candidates, please note that if you are contacted by anyone with an email other than @vice.com purporting to be recruiting on behalf of Vice Media, it is not legitimate, and you should not engage.
The salary range is subject to change and may be amended in the future. Experience, education, skills, and other factors are considered when determining the salary offered.
Pay Range Details:
New York/California: 170,000 USD - 180,000 USD