Creative Art Director
Role x You
As an Art Director you works closely with copywriters and other creative team members to conceptualize and develop integrated solutions for advertising, direct mail, email, websites and landing pages, online advertising units, video, animations and other marketing channels. The Art Director is responsible for developing, extending and maintaining the design equities of a brand across these channels, and then preparing the final files for printing or technical implementation.
The Art Director must possess keen conceptual and design skills and assist the team in improving the technical and creative performance of staff within his group.
- Partner with copywriters and other creative team members to generate breakthrough concepts that meet and exceed the requirements of the creative brief.
- Establish and develop design solutions in accordance with brand equities, project concepts, copy, and technical requirements and specifications.
- Assist other team members in meeting deadlines and deliverables
- Prepare final files for handoff for printing or technical development
- Be able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Be self-motivated with a positive attitude and have strong communications skills
- Stay current on visual design techniques and software tools.
- Be attuned to and knowledgeable of societal and cultural trends
You will bring:
- Degree in graphic design, visual communications or a related field or relevant experience
- Highly creative, conceptual thinker
- 3-4 years professional advertising, interactive or multimedia experience
- Excellent design and typography skills
- Proficiency in major design and page layout software programs (PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Strong working knowledge of HTML, Flash, CSS and other common technologies
- Ability to help direct Junior Art Directors and designers
- Understanding of information design and usability principles, ability to interpret IA documents
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to juggle assignments and work maintain highly organized, detail oriented work while working within deadlines
- Ability to learn new technologies and embrace evolving "best practices."
- Broad-based knowledge of internet design best practices.
- Have an interest in social and cultural trends and stay up to speed on emerging digital technologies (Web3/ NFT experience a plus)
- Strong portfolio showing a range of styles and relevant experience
We’d love if you also have these:
- As a global agency, additional language skills are a bonus
Working at VICE:
We want to find people who believe in our mission and goals and feel inspired to grow while they’re here, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn’t invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you’ve got. VICE Media Group prioritizes the voices, ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don’t just “tolerate” differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE.
VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Candidates, please note that if you are contacted by anyone with an email other than @vice.com purporting to be recruiting on behalf of Vice Media, it is not legitimate, and you should not engage.