Analyst, Audience Insights
Role x You:
The Audience Insights team at VMG (Vice Media Group) is focused on performance analytics as well as profitable growth opportunities across the VMG portfolio, which includes Vice, Refinery29 and i-D. Sitting within the Publishing group, the team addresses pressing challenges and opportunities across the organisation and ensures the company’s short and long-term strategy is a direct result of data-informed decision making.
We are hiring a Digital Analyst to work alongside our global counterparts to support the data and analytical infrastructure the business needs to accurately measure and manage multiple lines of business.
This role will work closely with global analysts, senior analysts and the director of audience insights to create dashboards, reports and data streams to support our global stakeholders in their day-to-day operations. The candidate must be able to work against deadlines, have creative thinking and the ability to multitask.
- Design and implement reports that track key business metrics and deliver actionable insights to internal partners.
- Build feedback loops in which user experiences generate insights used to drive growth and engagement across platforms.
- Create tools and models to facilitate experimentation and decision making
- Conducting market research, tracking and compiling industry trends and competitive analysis.
- Empathize with global audiences to identify meaningful data trends that will inform personalized experiences.
- Ownership of key metrics communications such as post-mortem analyses to determine areas for optimization and improvement.
- Creating insightful presentations that summarize analysis and presenting them to groups of VICE managers and executives to influence decision-making
You have these:
- 2+ years of experience in an entertainment/digital media company as an analyst, or a similarly demanding environment in which complex modeling and analysis is performed.
- High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analysis, including great Excel skills.
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing large data sets from varying sources
- Ability to balance a fast-paced working environment with the need for precision
- Proficiency in SQL
- Comfort with entire data pipeline from collection to insight
- Very strong capabilities for writing, facilitating and presenting analyses
Working at VICE:
We want to find people who believe in our mission and goals and feel inspired to grow while they're here, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isnt invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you've got. VICE Media Group prioritizes the voices, ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don’t just “tolerate” differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff culture and business. To learn more, read the VICE Guide to VICE.
VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
VICE Media (VICE.com, VICE Studios, VICE TV, Virtue, VICE News, Refinery29, PULSE Films, i-D) is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual, and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique, and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
Candidates, please note that if you are contacted by anyone with an email other than @vice.com purporting to be recruiting on behalf of Vice Media, it is not legitimate, and you should not engage.
The salary range is subject to change and may be amended in the future. Experience, education, skills, and other factors are considered when determining the salary offered.
Pay Range Details:
New York/California: 67,000 - 77,000 USD