Vice Media seeks a motivated, experienced accountant to join our team. This position will be part of the Global Accounting Shared Service team and will involve a mix of month-end close functions, group consolidation and Accounting support.
- CA or ICWA Intermediate
- 4-5 years of professional experience
- Must have experience with month end and year end closing
- Preferably have experience preparing financial statements
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting required
- Experience communicating accounting information to senior level managers
- Strong Excel skills including pivot tables and VLOOKUPs
- Ability to learn quickly and apply accounting guidance to new and varied types of transactions
- Knowledge of Netsuite a plus
- Bank reconciliations, accounting for accruals, and prepaid expenses
- Intercompany reconciliations and matching
- Intercompany billbacks and recharges
- Review, analyze, and reconcile customer and vendor GLs
- Salary allocations (global recharges), freelancer payroll entries, and reconciliation
- Prepare Financial statement with notes and schedules
- Understanding of consolidation accounting
- Tax support preparation
- Audit support including pulling samples
- Ad hoc projects and line of business reporting as needed by the business
- Line of business support as needed
Working at VICE:
We want to find people who believe in our mission and goals and feel inspired to grow while they’re here, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn’t invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you’ve got. VICE Media Group prioritizes the voices, ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don’t just “tolerate” differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE.
VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.
Candidates, please note that if you are contacted by anyone with an email other than @vice.com purporting to be recruiting on behalf of Vice Media, it is not legitimate, and you should not engage.