Prose, a Public Benefit Corporation
Commitment to Safety
Nothing is more important to us than safeguarding the health of our customers, employees, their families, and the community at large. Effective October 8, 2021, all US employees as well as all newly hired US employees are required to receive the COVID-19 vaccination (and provide proof) unless granted an approved exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.
At Prose, we don’t believe in “one-size-fits-most.” We create custom hair care that’s inclusive to all hair types, needs and preferences. Each of our hair care products is customized to a person’s hair needs based on the results from an online consultation. The individual data is processed through a proprietary algorithm and made-to-order in the Prose lab using natural active ingredients. Marrying emerging technologies with the best in beauty, Prose is truly creating something special.
This is the opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and an energetic team that works together to deliver creative solutions that are transforming the way people think about and shop for hair care. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture, and are looking for talented problem solvers who lead with passion and who face any task with a positive mindset.
The Prose team is looking for a Community & Influencer Associate who sits within our social team, reporting to our Senior Manager of Social Media and Community, but works closely with customer experience, influencer, and has a highly visible presence throughout the Prose organization and our customer-facing platforms. The Prose Community & Influencer Associate is responsible for maximizing brand reach as well as providing best-in-class service to our community of customers, prioritizing engagement on paid social ads. In addition, this role will report on current social topics and relevant industry trends to help broaden our social and influencer content. By using thoughtful engagement strategies, this role will balance customer advocacy with proactive relationship building to help increase brand awareness and grow a sustainable brand community.
Social Media Community Response
- Respond to comments and mentions in a timely manner, focused on paid & organic social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, etc)
- Handle CX-related issues in partnership with Customer Experience team to ensure best-in-class customer service experience for social media audience
- Escalate and work through negative social interactions with Senior Manager to provide excellent service regardless of the sentiment
Reply to consumer comments and reviews on additional platforms such as ThingTesting and the Prose brand blog.
- Help foster a community across all social platforms by providing personalized responses, showing support to our customers, and giving proper customer service to all Prose members and prospects
- Proactively interact with like-minded influencers, industry professionals, and brand accounts on a daily basis to build relevant relationships and capitalize on social engagement
- Review, track & interact with user-generated content across social media, including Instagram Stories mentions
- Identify & execute opportunities to increase UGC through community engagement
- Regularly interact with influencer and potential brand partners to seed product, foster community, and promote brand loyalty
Customer Insights & Advocacy
- Regularly share consumer feedback on ads and marketing campaigns to help guide future ad creative & brand priorities
- Report on what the community wants to see & hear from us as well as what is trending in the world of beauty
- Tag & track customer feedback and requests, communicating all urgent customer needs to relevant departments for troubleshooting
- Become an expert on our experience, our product, our ingredients, and our customer
- Become an expert in social listening tools and work with cross-teams to share out relevant industry insights, community sentiment about Prose, and more
- Source user-generated content & influencer-generated content for Prose social channels
- Handle day-to-day influencer communications such as content approval processes, invoicing, and more
- Identify new influencers to add to our growing community
- Respond to partnership outreach via DMs in a timely manner
- Help ideate content ideas for the Prose influencer community
Key Candidate Requirements
- 1-2+ years experience in social media community management for a brand or agency—including responding on behalf of a brand across social platforms
- Commitment to listening and advocating on behalf of customers—and strong sense of urgency to prioritize customer support
- Strong knowledge of Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Youtube
- Has a finger on the pulse of pop culture trends, and current events
- Excellent writing skills, able to seamlessly deliver educational information with personality and wit, as well as navigate challenging public questions and comments with excellent judgment
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to interpret social conversations that put the brand at risk and elevate immediately
- The ability to learn quickly and to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Calm under pressure with a positive, can-do, team-focused mentality — there is no task too small!
- Knowledge of the beauty/haircare industry, or has worked in the haircare industry prior is a plus
- Experience using Social Listening tools (Meltwater, or other), and analytics platforms is a plus
- Flexibility on the weekends to keep an eye on general social conversations
- Experience working in influencer communities and with influencers
- We know the best ideas come from open minds and willingness to listen. While our products cater to the individual, an invitation into our process is always open to our community.
- We value our differences and diverse backgrounds by communicating openly, managing with transparency and striving to understand one another’s perspective. It’s a key ingredient to our innovation.
- Our strength as a group will outlast our efforts as individual contributors. With offices across countries, staying inventive and agile deepens our clear vision and consistent communication.
- We stay in a spirit of entrepreneurial collaboration: We do not have consensus at all times, but we trust one another to work toward our common goals. Our success is an expression and result of our progressive and gratifying teamwork.
- We value ownership and coaching that encourages employees to think constructively and creatively about the business. We view employees as leaders and individuals who are accountable, resourceful and responsible. Anyone and everyone is encouraged to lead.
- We recognize that in order to continue thinking one step ahead, we will need to try new things. We strive to provide an open environment that accepts this truth, making space for new ideas to emerge.
- We assume good intentions in every interaction, keeping ourselves accountable for the climate we create. We seek to understand our co-workers through this lens of conscious benevolence, authenticity and fellowship.
- We operate with the intention of preserving resources, creating an environment we can all live in – for our business and the world. Sustainable care is essential to our ethos as an organization. We take a mindful approach to how we think about our people (employees) and our planet.
Perks & Benefits
At Prose we value our employees and their well being. As a growing business we aim to stay up to par on the latest perks and benefits for all of our eligible team members. Some of these include but are not limited to:
- A competitive and flexible PTO policy
- Competitive compensation package (base salary, target bonus and equity)
- Company sponsored health care plan ( medical, dental and vision plans)
- 401k + matching
- $125 monthly wellness allowance
- FSA and commuter benefits