Lifecycle Marketing, Senior Associate
Prose, a Public Benefit Corporation
Commitment to Safety
Nothing is more important to us than safeguarding the health of our customers, employees, their families, and the community at large. Effective October 8, 2021, all US employees as well as all newly hired US employees are required to receive the COVID-19 vaccination (and provide proof) unless granted an approved exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.
At Prose, we don’t believe in “one-size-fits-most.” We create custom hair care that’s inclusive to all hair types, needs and preferences. Each of our hair care products is customized to a person’s hair needs based on the results from an online consultation. The individual data is processed through a proprietary algorithm and made-to-order in the Prose lab using natural active ingredients. Marrying emerging technologies with the best in beauty, Prose is truly creating something special.
This is the opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and an energetic team that works together to deliver creative solutions that are transforming the way people think about and shop for hair care. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture, and are looking for talented problem solvers who lead with passion and who face any task with a positive mindset.
We are looking for a Senior Lifecycle Marketing Associate who can contribute to the set-up of Prose Lifecycle Marketing production and execution of all the initiatives focused on activation of our prospects and customers. You will be reporting to the Lifecycle Marketing Manager and will be responsible for helping drive excellence in day to day implementation and strategy execution of omni-channel communications (email and SMS). Lifecycle Marketing has the most important customer touch-points with our brand, and the ideal candidate should rethink how to optimize it to improve engagement performance and product loyalty. You aspire to deeply understand our customers, empathize with them, and are passionate about finding better ways to communicate to them.
This is a hybrid role based in our Williamsburg, Brooklyn headquarters. Candidates based in the New York City area can expect a base salary that ranges from $75,000 to $85,000. The base salary offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills and experience.
- Contributing across the entire communications lifecycle funnel through briefing and executing on the omni-channel journeys, implementing and reporting on the communications program through iterative A/B tests, whilst keeping tabs on industry marketing trends for specific Lifecycle programs (email, sms, Refer-a-Friend, Gift Cards, Loyalty, etc).
- Owning the execution of the promotional and editorial calendar and being the organization expert for everything about promotions capabilities and technical optimization to boost performance of acquisition and retention.
- Coding, executing and QAing on email and sms communications journeys and batch and blasts, managing iterative tests and providing initial performance reports, as well as having some familiarity with the technology stack that supports these critical channels (Iterable or Braze).
- Ensuring program readiness, as all email requests are built, tested and executed on time, and that the steady stream of work that flows through the department is always tracked / tasked accordingly. Self-motivated, data driven, likes to push creative boundaries, extremely organized, and experienced in planning and executing communications campaigns with varied business goals.
- Working across several departments to support omni-channel communications programs is shared across the organization with required QA testing.
Key Candidate Requirements
- Experience and passion with working on ESPs (Iterable, Braze, Salesforce, Marketo, etc.) and knowledge of Liquid or Handlebars Template Language. Ability to execute and QA day-to-day operational tasks to support the Lifecycle marketing program from creative setup and supporting HTML coding to testing/QA and deployment to intended audiences.
- Strategic communications mindset to improve outbound communications performance and understanding of email and sms marketing best practices on both the marketing and transactional side.
- Cross functional collaboration mindset with experience working in cross-functional project teams in a startup environment.
- Email coding knowledge using HTML, CSS, template scripting, excellent communication skills, and attention to detail are also required. If you are ready to take on a challenging and rewarding role that has a significant impact on the business, we encourage you to apply for this fun and exciting opportunity.
Understand & Embody our Prose Values
- We know the best ideas come from open minds and willingness to listen. While our products cater to the individual, an invitation into our process is always open to our community.
- We value our differences and diverse backgrounds by communicating openly, managing with transparency and striving to understand one another’s perspective. It’s a key ingredient to our innovation.
- Our strength as a group will outlast our efforts as individual contributors. With offices across countries (and across boroughs) staying inventive and agile deepens our clear vision and consistent communication.
- We stay in a spirit of entrepreneurial collaboration: We do not have consensus at all times, but we trust one another to work toward our common goals. Our success is an expression and result of our progressive and gratifying teamwork.
- We value ownership and coaching that encourages employees to think constructively and creatively about the business. We view employees as leaders and individuals who are accountable, resourceful and responsible. Anyone and everyone is encouraged to lead.
- We recognize that in order to continue thinking one step ahead, we will need to try new things. We strive to provide an open environment that accepts this truth making space for new ideas to emerge.
- We assume good intentions in every interaction keeping ourselves accountable for the climate we create. We seek to understand our co-workers through this lens of conscious bienveillance, authenticity and fellowship.
- We operate with the intention of preserving resources, creating an environment we can all live in--for our business and the world. Sustainable care is essential to our ethos as an organization. We take a mindful approach to how we think about our people (employees) and our planet.
Perks & Benefits
At Prose we value our employees and their well being. As a growing business we aim to stay up to par on the latest perks and benefits for all of our eligible team members. Some of these include but are not limited to:
- A competitive and flexible PTO policy
- Competitive compensation package (base salary, target bonus and equity)
- Company sponsored health care plan ( medical, dental and vision plans)
- 401k + matching
- $125 monthly wellness allowance
- FSA and commuter benefits