Lifecycle Marketing Manager, Activation
Prose, a Public Benefit Corporation
Commitment to Safety
Nothing is more important to us than safeguarding the health of our customers, employees, their families, and the community at large. Effective October 8, 2021, all US employees as well as all newly hired US employees are required to receive the COVID-19 vaccination (and provide proof) unless granted an approved exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.
At Prose, we don’t believe in “one-size-fits-most.” We create custom hair care that’s inclusive to all hair types, needs and preferences. Each of our hair care products is customized to a person’s hair needs based on the results from an online consultation. The individual data is processed through a proprietary algorithm and made-to-order in the Prose lab using natural active ingredients. Marrying emerging technologies with the best in beauty, Prose is truly creating something special.
This is the opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and an energetic team that works together to deliver creative solutions that are transforming the way people think about and shop for hair care. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture, and are looking for talented problem solvers who lead with passion and who face any task with a positive mindset.
We are looking for a customer focused Lifecycle Marketing Manager who can lead both strategy and execution of our lifecycle outbound communications program across the customer journey with full ownership of the campaigns editorial calendar and leading acquisition and upsell segments strategy.
The ideal candidate should be an expert with testing and optimizing content including driving engagement and monetization. In close partnership with our Design, Brand, and Product teams, you will create successful channels and content strategies, execute well-structured experiments, scale successful programs, and optimize performance across categories against clear, and jointly shared, goals. Also, you will collaborate with the team for briefing communication targeted to cross-sell and winback segments.
You will be focused on building and implementing a global lifecycle content strategy that is inclusive of cross-category evergreen content, multiple audiences, and strategic business priorities. Additionally, this role involves direct supervision of a Lifecycle Associate, with a primary focus on mentoring and coaching to enhance strategic Lifecycle Marketing skills. This is a strategic role focused on the communication strategy of the lifecycle program at a managerial level reporting to the Director of Lifecycle and MarTech and requires skills in developing testing frameworks, email marketing foundations, omnichannel strategy, journeys and blasts quarterly calendars with the support of a Lifecycle Associate for the execution and production.
This is a hybrid role based in our Williamsburg, Brooklyn headquarters. Candidates based in the New York City area can expect a base salary that ranges from $100,000 to $110,000. The base salary offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills and experience.
- Leading the lifecycle marketing content and communication strategy to optimize and expand current journeys use cases to support acquisition and upsell for new content across emails, sms, retention, prevention and Refer-a-Friend programs by partnering with brand marketing, design, analytics, product, and engineering teams.
- Owning and being accountable for the experimentation and testing calendar of Lifecycle Marketing, covering new communications, blasts and A/B testing to drive meaningful insights and recommendations. Setting the operations standard for fast A/B testing, experimentation, and iteration with the support of the Senior Lifecycle Data Manager to drive loyalty and monetization to improve campaign performance.
- Contributing to the redesign of the lifecycle journeys strategy in the new CRM platform by sharing best practices and recomendations to improve targeting and personalization to meet objectives.
- Translating customer insights and research findings into strategic messages that shape capability roadmap for acquisition, retention and reactivations by leveraging activation, churn prevention and loyalty tactics for medium and long-term digital growth.
- Liaising with teams and leadership about Lifecycle Marketing projects timelines, benefits and objectives. Bringing best practice for optimizing the Lifecycle program performance.
Key Candidate Requirements
- Experience in outbound communications strategy potentially in a multi-subscription environment, with brand or product marketing experience, specifically in omnichannel communications and programs. Testing and experimentation skills for sharing results and pivoting frameworks based on learnings and warnings.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to lead team sprint planning, prioritize, pivot and analyze a wide range of initiatives in a fast-paced environment with great organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to disseminate ideas and findings to varying groups/levels of stakeholders.
- Exhibit strong skills in cross-lifecycle programs as Refer-a-Friend, email, sms, gift card and loyalty tactics that are transferred in coaching and motivating activities to contribute to building the best in class Lifecycle Marketing team.
- Email coding knowledge using HTML, CSS, template scripting, excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and a results-driven mentality are also required. If you are ready to take on a challenging and rewarding role that has a significant impact on the business, we encourage you to apply for this fun and exciting opportunity.
Understand & Embody our Prose Values
- We know the best ideas come from open minds and willingness to listen. While our products cater to the individual, an invitation into our process is always open to our community.
- We value our differences and diverse backgrounds by communicating openly, managing with transparency and striving to understand one another’s perspective. It’s a key ingredient to our innovation.
- Our strength as a group will outlast our efforts as individual contributors. With offices across countries (and across boroughs) staying inventive and agile deepens our clear vision and consistent communication.
- We stay in a spirit of entrepreneurial collaboration: We do not have consensus at all times, but we trust one another to work toward our common goals. Our success is an expression and result of our progressive and gratifying teamwork.
- We value ownership and coaching that encourages employees to think constructively and creatively about the business. We view employees as leaders and individuals who are accountable, resourceful and responsible. Anyone and everyone is encouraged to lead.
- We recognize that in order to continue thinking one step ahead, we will need to try new things. We strive to provide an open environment that accepts this truth making space for new ideas to emerge.
- We assume good intentions in every interaction keeping ourselves accountable for the climate we create. We seek to understand our co-workers through this lens of conscious bienveillance, authenticity and fellowship.
- We operate with the intention of preserving resources, creating an environment we can all live in--for our business and the world. Sustainable care is essential to our ethos as an organization. We take a mindful approach to how we think about our people (employees) and our planet.
Perks & Benefits
At Prose we value our employees and their well being. As a growing business we aim to stay up to par on the latest perks and benefits for all of our eligible team members. Some of these include but are not limited to:
- A competitive and flexible PTO policy
- Competitive compensation package (base salary, target bonus and equity)
- Company sponsored health care plan ( medical, dental and vision plans)
- 401k + matching
- $125 monthly wellness allowance
- FSA and commuter benefits