Order Fulfillment Specialist: $20-$21 Full Time w/ Benefits
Prose, a Public Benefit Corporation
Commitment to Safety
Nothing is more important to us than safeguarding the health of our customers, employees, their families, and the community at large. Effective October 8, 2021, all US employees as well as all newly hired US employees are required to receive the COVID-19 vaccination (and provide proof) unless granted an approved exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.
At Prose, we don’t believe in “one-size-fits-most.” We create custom hair care that’s inclusive to all hair types, needs and preferences. Each of our hair care products is customized to a person’s hair needs based on the results from an online consultation. The individual data is processed through a proprietary algorithm and made-to-order in the Prose lab using natural active ingredients. Marrying emerging technologies with the best in beauty, Prose is truly creating something special.
This is the opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and an energetic team that works together to deliver creative solutions that are transforming the way people think about and shop for hair care. We’re looking for talented problem solvers who lead with passion and who face any task with a positive mindset.
The primary function of this position is to be an integral part of our fulfillment team, responsible for quickly and accurately preparing orders for our awesome customers. You will have a direct impact on our business. Set schedule includes: 7:00am - 3:30pm or 3:00pm-11:30pm, Monday through Friday (off weekends)
Perks & Benefits:
At Prose we value our employees and their well being. As a growing business we aim to stay up to par on the latest perks and benefits for all of our eligible team members. Some of these include but are not limited to:
- Competitive compensation package
- Accrued PTO
- Company sponsored health care plan ( medical, dental and vision plans)
- 401k + matching, FSA and commuter benefits
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- Free lunch in office, weekly and an abundance of office snacks
- Ensure every order placed ships quickly and correctly
- Operate handling equipment and ensure that safety regulations are followed
- Plan and monitor product storage and dispatch
- Oversee stock replenishment
- Monitor stock control systems and process specific orders
- Load delivery vehicles
- Operate scanners so that the proper order is picked and inventory is managed accurately
- Work within efficient systems and precisely execute our processes, while contributing to improve those processes
- Perform other general warehouse duties as needed
- History of being organized and a continued desire to learn and improve
- Experience or interest in picking/packing, shipping/receiving, or inventory
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Possess the ability to multi-task in a hectic role, while ensuring the highest levels of accuracy across all open items
- Demonstrate initiative, perseverance, autonomy, and efficiency on a daily basis
- Enjoy working in small, tight-knit teams, in a fast-paced environment. You'll be an extremely important member of our team and will have the direct ability to turn effort into results
- Have an infectious, positive attitude that will lift your co-workers, customers, and surrounding team
- Must be comfortable in a factory/production environment.
- Ability to meet production and quality standards in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to push, pull, squat, twist, kneel, reach, turn and bend.
- Must have unencumbered ability to flex and extend hands, wrists and fingers.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40 lbs intermittently during a typical work shift.
- Comfortable and able to work an 8-10 hour shift (hours per day are based on business needs).
- Must be able to stand for the majority of your shift.
- Required to wear oil and slip-resistant shoes.
Understand & Embody our Prose Values:
- We know the best ideas come from open minds and willingness to listen. While our products cater to the individual, an invitation into our process is always open to our community.
- We value our differences and diverse backgrounds by communicating openly, managing with transparency and striving to understand one another’s perspective. It’s a key ingredient to our innovation.
- Our strength as a group will outlast our efforts as individual contributors. With offices across countries (and across boroughs) staying inventive and agile deepens our clear vision and consistent communication.
- We stay in a spirit of entrepreneurial collaboration: We do not have consensus at all times, but we trust one another to work toward our common goals. Our success is an expression and result of our progressive and gratifying teamwork.
- We value ownership and coaching that encourages employees to think constructively and creatively about the business. We view employees as leaders and individuals who are accountable, resourceful and responsible. Anyone and everyone is encouraged to lead.
- We recognize that in order to continue thinking one step ahead, we will need to try new things. We strive to provide an open environment that accepts this truth making space for new ideas to emerge.
- We assume good intentions in every interaction keeping ourselves accountable for the climate we create. We seek to understand our co-workers through this lens of conscious bienveillance, authenticity and fellowship.
- We operate with the intention of preserving resources, creating an environment we can all live in--for our business and the world. Sustainable care is essential to our ethos as an organization. We take a mindful approach to how we think about our people (employees) and our planet.