R&D Scientist Intern - 6-Month Internship - February, 2024
Prose, a Public Benefit Corporation
At Prose, we don’t believe in “one-size-fits-most.” We create custom hair care that’s inclusive to all hair types, needs and preferences. Each of our hair care products is customized to a person’s hair needs based on the results from an online consultation. The individual data is processed through a proprietary algorithm and made-to-order in the Prose lab using natural active ingredients. Marrying emerging technologies with the best in beauty, Prose is truly creating something special.
This is the opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and an energetic team that works together to deliver creative solutions that are transforming the way people think about and shop for hair care. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture, and are looking for talented problem solvers who lead with passion and who face any task with a positive mindset.
We are looking for a Formulation Scientist Intern to join our R&D Team in Paris and contribute to the development of personalized cosmetic prototypes. You will report to the R&D Project Leader and work closely in collaboration with all the other R&D team members and other teams (Operation, Brand, Innovation … )
- Source & evaluate new innovative ingredients compliant to Prose formulation charter.
- Formulate, characterize and optimize prototypes
- Evaluate formulas performance (in vitro & in vivo)
Key Candidate Requirements
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s Degree
- A first experience in formulation ideally in a beauty company preferred. Knowledge of the cosmetic industry is a plus.
- Creativity and curiosity
- Ability to work autonomously, with minimal administrative support, is essential
- Fluent in French and English
- Strong interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity
- Valid EU work permit
Start date and duration : February 2024 for 6 months
Location : Paris 2e (métro Richelieu Drouot / Quatre Septembre / Opéra)
- We know the best ideas come from open minds and willingness to listen. While our products cater to the individual, an invitation into our process is always open to our community.
- We value our differences and diverse backgrounds by communicating openly, managing with transparency and striving to understand one another’s perspective. It’s a key ingredient to our innovation.
- Our strength as a group will outlast our efforts as individual contributors. With offices across countries (and across boroughs) staying inventive and agile deepens our clear vision and consistent communication.
- We stay in a spirit of entrepreneurial collaboration: We do not have consensus at all times, but we trust one another to work toward our common goals. Our success is an expression and result of our progressive and gratifying teamwork.
- We value ownership and coaching that encourages employees to think constructively and creatively about the business. We view employees as leaders and individuals who are accountable, resourceful and responsible. Anyone and everyone is encouraged to lead.
- We recognize that in order to continue thinking one step ahead, we will need to try new things. We strive to provide an open environment that accepts this truth making space for new ideas to emerge.
- We assume good intentions in every interaction keeping ourselves accountable for the climate we create. We seek to understand our co-workers through this lens of conscious bienveillance, authenticity and fellowship.
- We operate with the intention of preserving resources, creating an environment we can all live in — for our business and the world. Sustainable care is essential to our ethos as an organization. We take a mindful approach to how we think about our people (employees) and our planet.