Machine Learning Engineer Confirmed H/F
Prose, a Public Benefit Corporation
At Prose, we don’t believe in “one-size-fits-most.” We create custom hair care that’s inclusive to all hair types, needs, and preferences. Each of our hair care products is customized to a person’s hair needs based on the results from an online consultation. The individual data is processed through a proprietary algorithm and made-to-order in the Prose lab using natural active ingredients. Marrying emerging technologies with the best in beauty, Prose is truly creating something special.
This is the opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and an energetic team that works together to deliver creative solutions that are transforming the way people think about and shop for hair care. We’re looking for talented problem solvers who lead with passion and who face any task with a positive mindset.
As a Machine Learning Engineer and member of the algorithm squad, you will contribute to implement R&D formulation algorithms, and recommender systems, from the expert algorithms themselves to building tools for algorithm simulation, testing, conducting in-depth analysis or maintaining our MLOps platform.
You will be in charge of developing new recommendation algos, trying and deploying new approaches, with business constraints in mind. Those algorithms have a direct business impact. Here are some examples of the recommendation scope: product selection in routine webpage, pushed products in upsell webpage, fragrance recommendation webpage, or even our marketing email campaign!
- You will be responsible for designing, building, improving, profiling and maintaining our in-house algorithms, machine learning lifecycle, and the associated internal tooling
- Work closely with our stakeholders (Chemists, Product Management, Growth Marketing, Tech Team…) to iterate through ABtesting our algorithms
- Ship stable, high-quality code to which you are proud to be a contributor
- Deliver excellent software through comprehensive peer-reviews, CI, and automated testing
- Understand and consistently improve our codebase
- Bring your personal expertise and ideas to help solve problems creatively and effectively
- Promote the company’s mission and values
Key Candidate Requirements
- You love algorithms and new technology. You are also a great team worker and a great communicator in French and English.
- Strong experience with Python, along with common ML libraries such as Numpy, Scikit-Learn, Pandas
- Experience with recommender systems
- Experience building robust Restful APIs (Flask, FastAPI)
- A knack for writing clean, readable and maintainable code
- Experiences in data warehousing (ex: BigQuery, etc.), and/or data app prototyping (Streamlit / Dash / etc. ) and or MLOps tech (Airflow, CICD pipelines, MLFlow, Gcloud/CloudRun…) are a plus
- Eager to implement automated functional / unit tests and documentation
- Proficient with Git, a Unix shell, an editor (or IDE) and all others day-to-day developer tools
- Familiarity with continuous integration, Docker, Kubernetes, a PaaS or IaaS platform
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive compensation package (base salary, target bonus and equity)
- Health insurance (Alan Blue 100% covered by Prose) + tickets restaurants
- Nice and trendy office located between Opera and Grands Boulevards (Paris, 2eme)
- Choice between a gym membership (ClassPass) or an electric bike (Vanmoof) to commute easily to the office
- On-going training and development programs
- An abundance of office snacks
- We know the best ideas come from open minds and willingness to listen. While our products cater to the individual, an invitation into our process is always open to our community.
- We value our differences and diverse backgrounds by communicating openly, managing with transparency and striving to understand one another’s perspective. It’s a key ingredient to our innovation.
- Our strength as a group will outlast our efforts as individual contributors. With offices across countries (and across boroughs) staying inventive and agile deepens our clear vision and consistent communication.
- We stay in a spirit of entrepreneurial collaboration: We do not have consensus at all times, but we trust one another to work toward our common goals. Our success is an expression and result of our progressive and gratifying teamwork.
- We value ownership and coaching that encourages employees to think constructively and creatively about the business. We view employees as leaders and individuals who are accountable, resourceful and responsible. Anyone and everyone is encouraged to lead.
- We recognize that in order to continue thinking one step ahead, we will need to try new things. We strive to provide an open environment that accepts this truth making space for new ideas to emerge.
- We assume good intentions in every interaction keeping ourselves accountable for the climate we create. We seek to understand our co-workers through this lens of conscious bienveillance, authenticity and fellowship.
- We operate with the intention of preserving resources, creating an environment we can all live in — for our business and the world. Sustainable care is essential to our ethos as an organization. We take a mindful approach to how we think about our people (employees) and our planet.