Supply Chain Buyer
Prose, a Public Benefit Corporation
Commitment to Safety
Nothing is more important to us than safeguarding the health of our customers, employees, their families, and the community at large. Effective October 8, 2021, all US employees as well as all newly hired US employees are required to receive the COVID-19 vaccination (and provide proof) unless granted an approved exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.
At Prose, we don’t believe in “one-size-fits-most.” We create custom hair care that’s inclusive to all hair types, needs, and preferences. Each of our hair care products is customized to a person’s hair needs based on the results from an online consultation. The individual data is processed through a proprietary algorithm and made-to-order in the Prose lab using natural active ingredients. Marrying emerging technologies with the best in beauty, Prose is truly creating something special.
This is the opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and an energetic team that works together to deliver creative solutions that are transforming the way people think about and shop for hair care. We’re looking for talented problem solvers who lead with passion and who face any task with a positive mindset.
As our Supply Chain Buyer, you will be procuring packaging, collateral and indirect needs in a cost effective and timely manner. You will also be responsible for sourcing and developing new primary and secondary packaging.
You are expected to demonstrate a high level of analytical and financial competency, an ability to organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously as well as excellent communication skills in order to promote a positive working relationship with internal stakeholders and suppliers. Candidates based in the New York City area can expect a base salary that ranges from $70,000 to $80,000. The base salary offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills and experience
The Supply Chain Buyer will have the following day to day responsibilities:
- Participate in New Components Development, provide Sourcing & Procurement support to our R&D and Product Innovation team.
- Negotiate cost, lead time, MOQ and cost targets for each new product at SKU level.
- Process purchase orders in a timely manner with global suppliers and track progress from PO placement through delivery to multiple Prose locations.
- Manage and maintain accurate Item Master Data in Netsuite.
- Develop and maintain supplier key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Evaluate pricing regularly to determine opportunities for cost savings and ensure competitive pricing.
- Negotiate and facilitate price changes and utilize established reports to analyze ordering needs
- Make recommendations to your manager for improvements and streamline processes
- Participate in supplier reviews and audits
- Work cross-functionally to ensure purchase order information are accurate and concise for invoicing; interface with necessary Finance partners to ensure timely payment
- Coordinate with Quality for NCP issues and manage claims, litigations and consecutive negotiations with suppliers
- Ensure products are inspected prior to shipment and choose cost effective routes for required services.
Key Candidate Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
- 2-4 years of experience in a Procurement or Supply Planning role ideally in the beauty industry
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy and organization
- Ability to function both independently and as part of a team; must be flexible and excited to grow with the organization
- Excel/Google Sheet proficiency
- Experience managing multiple vendors or clients
- Strong critical-thinking skills with a solution-oriented mindset
- Highly knowledgeable about industry best practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with NetSuite or similar ERP platform
- We know the best ideas come from open minds and willingness to listen. While our products cater to the individual, an invitation into our process is always open to our community.
- We value our differences and diverse backgrounds by communicating openly, managing with transparency and striving to understand one another’s perspective. It’s a key ingredient to our innovation.
- Our strength as a group will outlast our efforts as individual contributors. With offices across countries, staying inventive and agile deepens our clear vision and consistent communication.
- We stay in a spirit of entrepreneurial collaboration: We do not have consensus at all times, but we trust one another to work toward our common goals. Our success is an expression and result of our progressive and gratifying teamwork.
- We value ownership and coaching that encourages employees to think constructively and creatively about the business. We view employees as leaders and individuals who are accountable, resourceful and responsible. Anyone and everyone is encouraged to lead.
- We recognize that in order to continue thinking one step ahead, we will need to try new things. We strive to provide an open environment that accepts this truth, making space for new ideas to emerge.
- We assume good intentions in every interaction, keeping ourselves accountable for the climate we create. We seek to understand our co-workers through this lens of conscious benevolence, authenticity and fellowship.
- We operate with the intention of preserving resources, creating an environment we can all live in – for our business and the world. Sustainable care is essential to our ethos as an organization. We take a mindful approach to how we think about our people (employees) and our planet.
Perks & Benefits
At Prose we value our employees and their well being. As a growing business we aim to stay up to par on the latest perks and benefits for all of our eligible team members. Some of these include but are not limited to:
- A competitive and flexible PTO policy
- Competitive compensation package (base salary, target bonus and equity)
- Company sponsored health care plan ( medical, dental and vision plans)
- 401k + matching, FSA and commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Free lunch in office, weekly + snacks & vending machine available on site