Product Manager New Markets
Prose, a Public Benefit Corporation
At Prose, we don’t believe in “one-size-fits-most.” We create custom hair care that’s inclusive to all hair types, needs, and preferences. Each of our hair care products is customized to a person’s hair needs based on the results from an online consultation. The individual data is processed through a proprietary algorithm and made-to-order in the Prose lab using natural active ingredients. Marrying emerging technologies with the best in beauty, Prose is truly creating something special.
This is the opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and an energetic team that works together to deliver creative solutions that are transforming the way people think about and shop for hair care. We’re looking for talented problem solvers who lead with passion and who face any task with a positive mindset.
You will be responsible for developing innovative products to ensure continued growth for the brand to extend Prose’s footprint to new categories.
- Participate in the elaboration of the marketing plan through strategic recommendations for Prose development (existing portfolio and new opportunities)
- Collect and synthesize market data on new categories of interest (consumer behavior, market segmentation and growth trends, competitor positioning, social listening…) to generate insights
- Develop a strategic vision, and propose tactical projects to activate retention or/and acquisition (sampling, limited editions, etc.).
- Identify Prose growth opportunities by analyzing product performance, competitors' performance, and market trends.
- Lead new product development projects from idea to consumer testing (concept tests, use tests...), implementation and launch, working closely with other departments in Paris and NYC to ensure successful launches on time and within budget
- Ensure the development and coherence of the 360 elements supporting product launches (communication, digital, consumer experience, etc.).
- Maintain product launch calendar and communicate timelines and specifications to relevant internal teams.
- Effectively prepare clear projects status to present to senior management
- Bring your personal beauty expertise and ideas
- Promote the company’s mission and values
Key Candidate Requirements
- You have a minimum of 2 years of experience in Marketing Development in the beauty industry (hair care, skin care, makeup…)
- You have a Master’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Strategy or equivalent
- Experience working collaboratively on new product or renovations through their life cycle
- Passionate about new product development and interest in latest beauty trends
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and are able to run projects end to end
- Excellent interpersonal skills and presentation skills, ability to write and express new product concepts creatively
- You are fluent in French & English
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package (base salary, target bonus and equity)
- Health insurance (Alan Blue 100% covered by Prose) + tickets restaurants
- Nice and trendy office located between Opera and Grands Boulevards (Paris, 2eme)
- A gym membership (ClassPass)
- On-going training and development programs
- An abundance of office snacks
Understand & Embody our Prose Values:
- Intentional Inclusivity
We know the best ideas come from open minds and willingness to listen. While our products cater to the individual, an invitation into our process is always open to our community.
We value our differences and diverse backgrounds by communicating openly, managing with transparency and striving to understand one another's perspective. It's a key ingredient to our innovation.
- Connected Collaboration
Our strength as a group will outlast our efforts as individual contributors. With offices across countries (and across boroughs) staying inventive and agile deepens our clear vision and consistent communication.
We stay in a spirit of entrepreneurial collaboration: We do not have consensus at all times, but we trust one another to work toward our common goals. Our success is an expression and result of our progressive and gratifying teamwork.
- Driven, Together
We value ownership and coaching that encourages employees to think constructively and creatively about the business. We view employees as leaders and individuals who are accountable, resourceful and responsible. Anyone and everyone is encouraged to lead.
We recognize that in order to continue thinking one step ahead, we will need to try new things. We strive to provide an open environment that accepts this truth making space for new ideas to emerge.
- Humanity Always
We assume good intentions in every interaction keeping ourselves accountable for the climate we create. We seek to understand our co-workers through this lens of conscious bienveillance, authenticity and fellowship.
We operate with the intention of preserving resources, creating an environment we can all live in--for our business and the world. Sustainable care is essential to our ethos as an organization. We take a mindful approach to how we think about our people (employees) and our planet.