Administration, People & HR, Operations
Eldorado, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
We are a Biology Company
Plantible, backed by Astanor Ventures, Lerer Hippeau, Piva Capital, Kellogg’s, and Vectr Ventures, is a vertically integrated biology company that is unlocking the power in plants in service of people & planet. Our mission is to create solutions that empower customers to make sustainable and regenerative choices without compromising on quality. We are beginning with the food industry. Please visit our website to learn more about our mission and continued success: https://www.plantiblefoods.com/
How You Will Contribute
We are looking for a Facility Supervisor to join our growing company. This individual is responsible for supervising the facility and its operational equipment & processes. As our Facility Supervisor, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate and sustainable impact in the development of the company by initiating and implementing process development projects, while having the opportunity to grow with a fast-moving startup.
As the Facility Supervisor you will supervise the daily facility operations. You will lead, manage, and be accountable for the plant’s maintenance and upkeep of equipment, buildings and the facility grounds. You will plan, direct, and coordinate daily maintenance operations and consumable inventory. You will enable the operations team to run production operations with reliable equipment and utility infrastructure. The Facility Supervisor will also ensure company policies and procedures are always followed by overseeing all levels of staff activity and performance.
Facility Equipment & Utility Management:
- Supervision of Plantible’s production facility in Eldorado, Texas.
- Hands-on role involving industrial equipment, its maintenance, management of operators, and management of process consumable supply chain.
- Ownership of general facility utilities upkeep: water well & on-site water distribution, high voltage power supply, waste water & retention ponds, site utility preparation for severe weather events, environmental management.
- Collaborating with the production operation teams.
- Ensuring reliability of equipment to and seamless transition of biomass into the processing facility, and producing the final product output unit.
- Championing and improving production equipment GMP and food safety protocols.
- Management of a full time maintenance technician.
- Routine and preventative maintenance of utility equipment including: propane steam boiler, glycol chiller, air compressor, well water & water pressurization pumps, RO water filtration, facility building HVAC & waste water systems.
- Vendor procurement and on-site coordination.
- Troubleshooting mechanical and process related issues.
- Auditing of inventory, upkeep, forecasting and assisting in procuring supply chain and consumables.
- Continuously improving operations, production and facility SOPs for general use & maintenance instructions.
- Training and onboarding teammates in production operations and facility maintenance.
Building Effective Teams & Fostering Plantible’s Culture:
- Fostering harmonious team-first culture of facility.
- Building a safe work environment.
- Develop processes and procedures that will increase productivity and/or reduce costs.
- Prioritize and finish projects on time to continue alignment with other people’s and team’s timelines.
- Effectively communicate updates, tasks, orders and objectives to team members to increase the overall business success.
- Coach teammates through the company leveling process to promote career growth within the organization.
- Conduct quarterly performance reviews and work closely with HR on all personnel issues.
What You Will Bring to Plantible
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Project Engineering, Chemical Engineering, preferred.
- 5+ years experience in a related industry (Oil & Gas, Chemical Manufacturing, Food, Beverage, Pharmaceutical).
- Strong technical background in equipment maintenance and repair (pumps, (air) valves, small electrical, basic plumbing).
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing principles, manufacturing scheduling and managing teams.
- Knowledge and implementation of GMP and OSHA Standards.
- Experience in establishing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Excel, ideally planning software as well.
- Ability to stand 8 + hours a day, reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift over 50 lbs.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including early morning or evening shifts, as needed.
- A desire to contribute and make a sustainable impact!
Choose Plantible Foods
Joining Plantible means contributing to a sustainable future for all. We are a venture backed startup that is both spreading happiness among our employees and to current and future generations. We believe diversity creates uniqueness. Our team is composed of highly talented people with different interests and hobbies, which makes for a rich working environment.
At Plantible we are continually working on our offerings to foster the best team. Check it out!
• Competitive health and wellness benefits
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Discretionary Unlimited PTO Program
• Paid Holidays
• 401k Program
• Career Stipend
• Career development and growth opportunities
• Financial support with your relocation
• Working in a rapidly growing, flexible and entrepreneurial environment
• Team building and company wide events
• And of course, lots of beautiful land for outdoor activities!
Plantible Foods is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Plantible Foods reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
If you feel your skill set does not meet all listed qualifications for the role, we still encourage you to apply. As we continue to grow our company, we are seeking a range of candidates and would gladly consider you for other current or upcoming roles that may be a fit!