People and Culture Coordinator
People & HR
San Marcos, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2023
We are a Biology Company
Plantible, backed by Astanor Ventures, Lerer Hippeau, Piva Capital, Kellogg’s, and Vectr Ventures, is a vertically integrated biology company that is unlocking the power in plants in service of people & planet. Our mission is to create solutions that empower customers to make sustainable and regenerative choices without compromising on quality. We are beginning with the food industry. Please visit our website to learn more about our mission and continued success: https://www.plantiblefoods.com/
How You Will Contribute
We are looking for a People & Culture Coordinator to join our growing company. This individual is responsible for a wide range of tasks under the general supervision of the Sr. Director of People and Culture . As our People & Culture Coordinator, the goal is to ensure the People & Culture department’s operations are running smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to the organization as a whole.. You will have the opportunity to make an immediate and sustainable impact in the development of the company by initiating and implementing process development projects, while having the opportunity to grow with a fast-moving startup.
What You Will Be Working On
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Effective problem-solving/listening skills, organizational skills.
Ability to multitask, to prioritize and to work under pressure.
Able to work effectively with a diverse workforce.
Excellent Customer service skills.
Strong interpersonal skills must be able to empathize.
Desire to work as a team with a results driven approach
Excellent word processing, power point, spreadsheet, database (HRIS) skills
Bachelor's or equivalent work experience
0 -2 year of proven related HR experience
aPHR or HR Management certificate a must for those without previous experience
What you will be working on
- Recruiting & Retention
- Create a more data driven people & culture department trying to gather, develop and analyze data sets to improve performance of the department as well as the company and its employees.
- Research, recommend and implement efficiencies and optimization across all HR software platforms.
- Learning & Development
- Help organize training & development initiatives.
- Operations & Compliance
- Assist with the administration of payroll, compensation, and benefit plans.
- Conduct employee onboarding and exits.
- Assist in the development and implementation of human resource policies.
- Organize and undertake tasks around quarterly and annual employee performance reviews.
- Maintain employee files and records.
- Ensure compliance with State and Federal labor regulations.
- Participate in Safety and Compliance meetings.
- Monitor Workers' Compensation Activity and engage in the resolution process.
- Conducts internal HR audits to ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Employee Engagement
- Promote all HR Engagement initiatives to create an efficient and engaging workplace.
- Enhance job satisfaction by being a trusted resource and providing excellent customer service to our employee group
- Special projects as assigned.
What you will bring to Plantible
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective problem-solving/listening skills, organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask, to prioritize and to work under pressure.
- Able to work effectively with a diverse workforce.
- Excellent Customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills must be able to empathize.
- Desire to work as a team with a results driven approach
- Excellent word processing, power point, spreadsheet, database (HRIS) skills
- Bachelor's or equivalent work experience
- 0 -2 year of proven related HR experience
- aPHR or HR Management certificate a must for those without previous experience
Choose Plantible Foods
Becoming part of Plantible means contributing to a sustainable future for all. We are a venture funded startup that is trying to make sure that we not only spread happiness amongst our employees, but also to current and future generations. We believe diversity creates uniqueness. Our diverse international team of highly talented people has different interests and hobbies and we support them all.
At Plantible we are continually working to better our offerings.
Check it out!!
Competitive health and wellness benefits
Unlimited PTO Program
Career Stipend - $500 annually
Career development and growth opportunities
Working in a rapidly growing, flexible and entrepreneurial environment
Team building and company wide events
Financial support with your relocation, if necessary, ensuring a smooth transition
And of course, lots of beautiful land for outdoor activities!
Plantible Foods is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Plantible Foods reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
See more open positions at Plantible Foods
Something looks off?