Pennsylvania Remote RD, CDCES Contractor
- Anticipated Start Date: Sep 18, 2023
- Role Type: Contracted, 1099
- Licensure: a Pennsylvania state license is required
- Schedule: As a contractor, you set your own hours. Current demand makes the following days/hours most desirable:
- Monday- Friday 10a-6p ET
- By the 15th of each month, you’ll need to provide your availability for the next two months
- You will be expected to provide at least 20 hours of availability weekly
- Compensation: up to $40/hr (more below!)
- 100% Remote: must have consistent access to clean, quiet workspace; solid internet connection; proficient technical experience (basic computer skills)
Perry Health is on a mission to rethink chronic care delivery through a purely-remote, continuous care model. This remote-first approach allows us to extend high-quality specialist care to all patients, regardless of geography or other care disparities. Although we plan on making Perry available to every patient with a chronic illness, we're starting with a focus on Medicare patients living with diabetes. Perry's remote care fills the necessary gap between physician appointments for our patients.
We equip our patients with cellular-connected devices (glucometers, blood pressure cuffs, etc.) that transmit data passively upon use, allowing even the most tech naive patient to participate. This real-time data flows to Perry's team of clinicians (physicians, nurses, dietitians), who monitor trends in the data and deliver proactive care over the phone. We've built a proprietary continuous-care Electronic Health Record (EHR), which can ingest these data pipelines and build elegant workflows on top of them for our clinical staff. Facing a chronic disease alone is overwhelming and isolating, and we aim to alleviate that emotional burden by providing care to our members 24/7.
Our high-touch approach to chronic care management creates tangible outcomes for our members and thousands of dollars in savings to the system by preventing hospitalizations, and we're just getting started.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for an experienced Registered Dietitian who has ample experience helping people with diabetes to better understand and manage their condition and is passionate about changing health. You will be responsible for meeting with members to assess everything from their current health regiment, interpret their blood glucose readings as they relate to meal times and ultimately craft a personalized nutrition program for each member.
You’ll join a team of RNs who focus solely on triaging acute blood glucose readings, CDEs who will support your members with medication and insulin interventions and board certified health & wellness coaches who will maintain high-frequency touch points with their members to incorporate your nutritional guidance into the members’ SMART goals. Our members benefit from the collective specialities of our clinical team with this role driving medical nutrition therapy. Your day will largely consist of scheduled visits with members but you’ll be made available to support any nutrition-related escalations as needed.
- Provide telephone-based care to patients in Perry Health’s RPM program
- Deliver swift, empathic care to our members and assess their competencies around their nutritional needs
- Craft individualized meal plans based on the members’ health needs and access
- Meet members where they are and educate them compassionately on how to best manage their nutrition
- Collaborate with CDCESs and Coaches as needed to reinforce nutrition guidance in weekly touchpoints
- Education: BS Nutrition
- License: Valid, unencumbered state RD license in PA is required, along with at least 2 of the following states: NY, MI, IL, IN
- Certification: CDR, CDCES
- Minimum 3+ years experience managing patients with diabetes
- Spanish-speaking preferred, certification required
ABOUT OUR TEAM
Perry Health launched in August of 2021 and has been supported by investors such as Primary Ventures, General Catalyst and Box Group. Our team has helped build businesses at the intersection of technology, consumer, healthcare and retail including Vroom, K Health, Gilt, ShopKeep, SoulCycle, and more. Our team is committed to bringing together people from different backgrounds and perspectives to deliver real outcomes to our members.
Our patients are our purpose: We understand that the decisions we make have an impact on our patients’ health. We are a healthcare company above all else. The choices we make are always in the best interest of our patients.
Bring your best self: The authenticity of our team drives our innovation. We show up for each other and our patients every day. Your teammates will count on you for motivation and support, and you should expect the same in return. Conversely, recognize when you are not at your best so you can seek support and take time to recharge.
Own your ideas and your results: Each member of the team contributes to the growth of Perry. Identify problems, seek solutions that maximize impact. Ownership is key; seek out support from team members, and take accountability for the results of your efforts.
Move fast, but with purpose: Consistent, rapid growth is expected. Set goals, work with purpose, assess, reassess, and pivot when necessary. Perfection should not impede progress. Ego should not prevent reevaluation. Each day will provide opportunities for learning and growth and will move us closer to our goals.
Good ideas come from anywhere: Ideas, good and bad, come from every level of the organization. Employees at all levels are empowered to share their ideas and feedback. The whole of Perry is greater than the sum of its parts. All ideas are considered, and when a decision is made we will move forward together.
Perry Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all team members. We are building an environment where every Perry Health team member can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do the best work of their careers. We value diversity and recruit, hire, and promote individuals solely based on talent, qualifications, competence, and merit. We evaluate candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristics as required by law and as a matter of our company values.
For more on what it’s like to work at Perry, see here.
Contractors are paid on a monthly basis for both clinical and non-clinical team, see below.
Contractor is paid $20.00 per per Clinical Encounter per member per month
- A clinical encounter is defined by
- a successful monthly call with a member
- at least 20 minutes or more of time in the member’s chart
- A member is defined by
- someone who completes at least one call with any provider on their care team within a calendar month
- If in one hour you called and spoke with 2 patients and spent 30 minutes with each of them, your pay for that hour would be $40.00 ($20.00/pt reached x 2).
- If in one hour you spent 40 minutes with one member, your pay for that hour would also be $40.
- If in one hour you spent 40 minutes with one member, 20 with another, you would make $60 in that hour
- If in one hour you spend 15 minutes with one member and 15 minutes with another, there would not be any time paid unless you spent at least 5 minutes more with that member at a later point in that calendar month.
Non-clinical time, including but not limited to required meetings, trainings or the like, will be paid at a flat rate of $30/hr.