Remote RN, CDCES Contractor
- Anticipated Start Date: September 11, 2023
- Role Type: Contracted, 1099
- Schedule: As a contractor, you set your own hours. Current demand makes the following days/hours most desirable:
- Monday - Friday, 3p-9p ET
- By the 15th of each month, you’ll need to provide your availability for the next two months
- You will be expected to work an average of at least 20 hours per week
- Compensation: Up to $40/hr (more below!)
- 100% Remote: requires your own equipment (laptop and strong internet connection and a quiet place to work)
Perry Health is on a mission to rethink chronic care delivery through a purely-remote, continuous care model. This remote-first approach allows us to extend high-quality specialist care to all patients, regardless of geography or other care disparities. Although we plan on making Perry available to every patient with a chronic illness, we're starting with a focus on Medicare patients living with diabetes. Perry's remote care fills the necessary gap between physician appointments for our patients.
We equip our patients with cellular-connected devices (glucometers, blood pressure cuffs, etc.) that transmit data passively upon use, allowing even the most tech naive patient to participate. This real-time data flows to Perry's team of clinicians (physicians, nurses, dietitians), who monitor trends in the data and deliver proactive care over the phone. We've built a proprietary continuous-care Electronic Health Record (EHR), which can ingest these data pipelines and build elegant workflows on top of them for our clinical staff. Facing a chronic disease alone is overwhelming and isolating, and we aim to alleviate that emotional burden by providing care to our members 24/7.
Our high-touch approach to chronic care management creates tangible outcomes for our members and thousands of dollars in savings to the system by preventing hospitalizations, and we're just getting started.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for experienced Certified Diabetes Educators to join our team in a part time capacity Monday through Friday from 3p-9p ET! You’ll be joining a highly passionate, experienced and compassionate clinical team and have the opportunity to make a tremendous impact on our growing member base.
- Provide telephone-based care to patients in Perry Health’s RPM program
- Deliver swift, empathic care to our members and coach them how to best manage their condition
- Guide a team of health & wellness coaches to provide superior quality care
- Create a closed-loop system of care; coordinate member care both internally with members of Perry’s clinical organization and externally with members’ primary care providers and endocrinologists as needed
- Meet members where they are and educate them compassionately on how to best manage their condition
- Interpret continuous stream of blood glucose readings and assess members’ acuity and education needs
- Drive reductions in A1c through medication adjustments, insulin dose titration and education
- Triage to real-time clinical alerts from patients delivered through connected blood glucose meters as needed
- Must have CDCES certification
- Min. 3 years of experience as an RN, active practice within the past year
- Active, unencumbered multi-state compact license to practice
- Demonstrates cultural competence to meet the needs of culturally diverse backgrounds
- Passion for high quality patient care with goal of improving patient health outcomes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, environment that requires critical thinking and the ability to triage work based on patient needs
- Ability to work independently and make decisions based on clinical protocols
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: ability to distill complex ideas down into language that can be understood by patients of all education levels
EXTRA CREDIT IF YOU…
- Have experience working in a telehealth role (ie telephone triage)
- Are fluent in Spanish and had experience providing care to Spanish-speaking diabetic patients
ABOUT OUR TEAM
Perry Health launched in August of 2021 and has been supported by investors such as Primary Ventures, General Catalyst and Box Group. Our team has helped build businesses at the intersection of technology, consumer, healthcare and retail including Vroom, K Health, Gilt, ShopKeep, SoulCycle, and more. Our team is committed to bringing together people from different backgrounds and perspectives to deliver real outcomes to our members.
Our patients are our purpose: We understand that the decisions we make have an impact on our patients’ health. We are a healthcare company above all else. The choices we make are always in the best interest of our patients.
Bring your best self: The authenticity of our team drives our innovation. We show up for each other and our patients every day. Your teammates will count on you for motivation and support, and you should expect the same in return. Conversely, recognize when you are not at your best so you can seek support and take time to recharge.
Own your ideas and your results: Each member of the team contributes to the growth of Perry. Identify problems, seek solutions that maximize impact. Ownership is key; seek out support from team members, and take accountability for the results of your efforts.
Move fast, but with purpose: Consistent, rapid growth is expected. Set goals, work with purpose, assess, reassess, and pivot when necessary. Perfection should not impede progress. Ego should not prevent reevaluation. Each day will provide opportunities for learning and growth and will move us closer to our goals.
Good ideas come from anywhere: Ideas, good and bad, come from every level of the organization. Employees at all levels are empowered to share their ideas and feedback. The whole of Perry is greater than the sum of its parts. All ideas are considered, and when a decision is made we will move forward together.
Perry Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all team members. We are building an environment where every Perry Health team member can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do the best work of their careers. We value diversity and recruit, hire, and promote individuals solely based on talent, qualifications, competence, and merit. We evaluate candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristics as required by law and as a matter of our company values.
For more on understanding what working at Perry is like, check out this page.
Contractors are paid on a monthly basis for both clinical and non-clinical team, see below.
Contractor is paid $20.00 per per Clinical Encounter per member per month
- A clinical encounter is defined by
- a successful monthly call with a member
- at least 20 minutes or more of time in the member’s chart
- A member is defined by
- someone who completes at least one call with any provider on their care team within a calendar month
- If in one hour you called and spoke with 2 patients and spent 30 minutes with each of them, your pay for that hour would be $40.00 ($20.00/pt reached x 2).
- If in one hour you spent 40 minutes with one member, your pay for that hour would also be $40.
- If in one hour you spent 40 minutes with one member, 20 with another, you would make $60 in that hour
- If in one hour you spend 15 minutes with one member and 15 minutes with another, there would not be any time paid unless you spent at least 5 minutes more with that member at a later point in that calendar month.
Non-clinical time, including but not limited to required meetings, trainings or the like, will be paid at a flat rate of $30/hr.