Accountability Coach Contractor-Houston
Perry Health is on a mission to rethink chronic care delivery through a purely-remote, continuous care model. This remote-first approach allows us to extend high-quality specialist care to all patients, regardless of geography or other care disparities. Although we plan on making Perry available to every patient with a chronic illness, we're starting with a focus on Medicare patients living with diabetes. Perry's remote care fills the necessary gap between physician appointments for our patients.
We equip our patients with cellular-connected devices (glucometers, blood pressure cuffs, etc.) that transmit data passively upon use, allowing even the most tech naive patient to participate. This real-time data flows to Perry's team of clinicians (physicians, nurses, dietitians), who monitor trends in the data and deliver proactive care over the phone. We've built a proprietary continuous-care Electronic Health Record (EHR), which can ingest these data pipelines and build elegant workflows on top of them for our clinical staff. Facing a chronic disease alone is overwhelming and isolating, and we aim to alleviate that emotional burden by providing care to our members 24/7.
Our high-touch approach to chronic care management creates tangible outcomes for our members and thousands of dollars in savings to the system by preventing hospitalizations, and we're just getting started.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Accountability Coaches remotely engage with individuals seeking to improve Type 2 diabetes through lifestyle modifications. We’re looking for highly enthusiastic, self-motivated professionals who are passionate about working collaboratively to deliver unparalleled care to Perry members. You’ll have the opportunity to build relationships with brand new members and partner with clinical professionals to ensure your members receive the attention, support and education they need to lead healthier, happier lives.
- Serve as an expert diabetes health coach. Support individuals efficiently and effectively to achieve the best outcomes possible.
- Engage individuals with empathy, clarity and care. Our appointments are all delivered over phone calls though you’ll have the opportunity to text your members as well.
- Deliver education and personalized guidance according to Perry Health protocols to help individuals better self-manage their condition and adhere to their care plan.
- Ability to recognize immediate care needs and triage/address accordingly to the clinicians of Perry Health.
- Adhere to policies and procedures for ongoing clinical quality.
- Ensure standard operating procedures for wellness programs remain in compliance with all clinically-related legal and regulatory matters.
- Eligibility with one of the following:
- National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC)
- LPN+ medical licensure
- Robust knowledge of ADA Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes, AHA Hypertension Clinical Guidelines and CDC DPP Lifestyle Management guidelines.
- Substantial knowledge of the healthcare industry
- Motivated learner willing to acquire proficiency with the necessary technology, including computers, software applications, phone systems, etc.
- Desire to excel in a performance-based high-touch service environment (preferably with an inbound/outbound telephonic component)
- Thrive in a team environment, with the ability to excel in a fast-paced atmosphere and successfully collaborate with diverse groups at all levels of the organization.
- Creative thinking, an eye for detail, working independently, and a positive attitude
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus.
- Anticipated Start Date: June 12, 2023
- Compensation: Up to $45 per hour
- Employment: This is a contracted 1099 position without an end date
- Fully Remote: You’ll need access to a quiet working environment, high speed internet and your own computer equipped with sound/voice functionality
- Hours: Minimum of 20 hours per week (averaged across the quarter), set at least 8 weeks in advance
- Schedule: You will set your own hours within our business hours (9a-9p ET M-Sa) using our software
- We pay $15.00 per Clinical Encounter per member per month.
- A clinical encounter is defined by:
(1) a successful monthly call with a member
(2) at least 20 minutes or more of time in the member’s chart
- If in one hour you called and spoke with 2 patients and spent 30 minutes with each of them, your pay for that hour would be $30.00 ($15.00/pt reached x 2).
- If in one hour you spent 40 minutes with one member, your pay for that hour would also be $30.
- If in one hours you spent 40 minutes with one member, 20 with another, you would make $45 in that hour.
- If in one hour you spend 15 minutes with one member and 15 minutes with another, there would not be any time paid unless you spent at least 5 minutes more with that member at a later point in that calendar month.
- Compensation is paid out monthly via direct deposit within 2 weeks of the last day of the month of service.
ABOUT OUR TEAM
Perry Health launched in August of 2021 and has been supported by investors such as Primary Ventures, General Catalyst and Box Group. Our team has helped build businesses at the intersection of technology, consumer, healthcare and retail including Vroom, K Health, Gilt, ShopKeep, SoulCycle, and more. Our team is committed to bringing together people from different backgrounds and perspectives to deliver real outcomes to our members.
Our patients are our purpose: We understand that the decisions we make have an impact on our patients’ health. We are a healthcare company above all else. The choices we make are always in the best interest of our patients.
Bring your best self: The authenticity of our team drives our innovation. We show up for each other and our patients every day. Your teammates will count on you for motivation and support, and you should expect the same in return. Conversely, recognize when you are not at your best so you can seek support and take time to recharge.
Own your ideas and your results: Each member of the team contributes to the growth of Perry. Identify problems, seek solutions that maximize impact. Ownership is key; seek out support from team members, and take accountability for the results of your efforts.
Move fast, but with purpose: Consistent, rapid growth is expected. Set goals, work with purpose, assess, reassess, and pivot when necessary. Perfection should not impede progress. Ego should not prevent reevaluation. Each day will provide opportunities for learning and growth and will move us closer to our goals.
Good ideas come from anywhere: Ideas, good and bad, come from every level of the organization. The whole of Perry is greater than the sum of its parts. All ideas are considered, and when a decision is made we will move forward together.
Perry Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, providing equal opportunities to all team members. We are building an environment where every Perry Health team member can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do the best work of their careers. We value diversity and recruit, hire, and promote individuals solely based on talent, qualifications, competence, and merit. We evaluate candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristics as required by law and as a matter of our company values.
Something looks off?