Customer Marketing Director
Please be aware we have noticed an increase in hiring scams potentially targeting Seismic candidates. Read our full statement on our Career's page.
Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismic’s platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, Australia and China.
Seismic is committed to building an inclusive workplace that ignites growth for our employees and creates a culture of belonging that allows all employees to be seen and valued for who they are. Learn more about DEI at Seismic here.
Seismic is seeking a highly motivated B2B Customer Marketing leader to join our team. As a Customer Marketing Director, you will be instrumental in driving our expansion revenue strategy, shaping customer marketing initiatives, and maximizing the value of our existing customer base. The ideal candidate is passionate about delivering exceptional customer experiences and driving growth for both our customers and our business. You have first-hand experience developing and driving expansion strategy, along with executing multi-channel campaigns and programs that increase the lifetime value of our install base.
This role is highly visible and requires regular cross-functional collaboration across the Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, and Product organizations.
Who you are:
The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, a collaborative self-starter, and someone who loves to delight and engage customers to enhance their experience and increase the value they are receiving from Seismic. This individual must possess a strong understanding of marketing fundamentals, particularly in growth & retention, and must be comfortable working collaboratively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Proven leadership experience in customer marketing, expansion revenue strategies, or related roles within the B2B SaaS industry.
- Deep understanding of B2B SaaS business models, customer lifecycles, and expansion revenue dynamics.
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills to interpret data and drive informed decisions.
- Reputation for achieving goals successfully; focusing on winning in the marketplace; impacting the bottom-line; constantly challenging self and others to deliver results
- Experience working cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing and Customer Success to support retention and growth is key to exceling in this role
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and collaboration abilities
- Highly organized and efficient with strong project management skills and operational discipline
- 6-8 years of directly relevant, customer marketing or customer success experience
What you'll be doing:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive expansion revenue strategy to drive growth within our existing customer base, focusing on upsell, cross-sell, and account expansion opportunities.
- Work closely with the Marketing leadership team to define expansion revenue goals, strategies, and success metrics, aligning them with the company's overall growth objectives.
- Develop and lead the execution of strategic customer engagement campaigns aimed at promoting additional solutions, use-cases, upgrades, and complementary products/services.
- Utilize various marketing channels and automation tools to reach customers effectively and optimize engagement.
- Collaborate with customer data teams to segment the customer base based on usage data, behavioral insights, customer personas, and account potential to develop targeted expansion initiatives.
- Establish and monitor KPIs to measure the performance and impact of expansion revenue initiatives, using data-driven insights to iterate and optimize strategies.
- Collaborate closely with Sales, Customer Success, Product, and Marketing teams to align strategies, initiatives, and messaging for expansion revenue.
- Report progress, successes, and areas for improvement to the leadership team and stakeholders regularly.
What we have for you:
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits, including an end-of-year company shutdown
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans, as well as an optional Health Savings Account with a company contribution
- Paid parental leave and family caregiver leave
- Enhanced fertility and egg freezing benefits
- 401(k) plan with annual company match
- Monthly stipend for cell phone expenses
- Flexible work schedule
- Seismic Cares employee volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Headquartered in San Diego and with employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.