Technical Program Manager
Please be aware we have noticed an increase in hiring scams potentially targeting Seismic candidates. Read our full statement on our Career's page.
Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismic’s platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
Seismic is committed to building an inclusive workplace that ignites growth for our employees and creates a culture of belonging that allows all employees to be seen and valued for who they are. Learn more about DEI at Seismic here.
Our Product Management and Engineering teams are growing rapidly, and with this growth comes the need to expand our Technical Program Management capability. The team works closely with 400+ R&D colleagues to align company goals and objectives to quality software releases across the four major cloud platforms AWS, Azure, GCP and IBM, leveraging best in class technologies. We bring structure across cross-team efforts involving software development, release cycles, and production support at scale just to name a few.
As a Technical Program Manager at Seismic, you will work closely with our Engineering teams to formulate, organize, and monitor inter-connected projects. You will help bring order and clarity to complex matters within our Engineering Operations and be seen as a go-to resource for status updates on various projects.
Who You Are:
- Highly functional in a dynamic, energizing environment
- Love to wear multiple hats
- Comfortable traversing between the tactical and the strategic
- You bring order and process not for the sake of process, but for the sake of efficiency
- You are able to speak across functions and with everyone from executives to individual contributors
- Technically minded and understand the day-to-day operations of a well-established engineering org
- You can influence within teams without having "formal authority"
What You Will Be Doing:
- Deliver and support multiple projects and programs, on time, within budget and on target
- Use your technical background to ensure a complex project with multiple dependencies moves forward according to your project roadmap
- Work with Engineering, Product Management, and Operations to establish, track and communicate product feature portfolios and dependencies across multiple teams
- Create and manage execution plans and risk plans at scrum and portfolio level
- Facilitate and organize scrum of scrums, sprints, release planning, demos, retrospectives and all agile ceremonies
- Communicate with management, developers, product managers, product owners and support specialists on product issues; improve inter-team communications
- Create alignment through the development and release process, working closing with Engineering and DevOps
- Assist product owners as needed with backlog maintenance, help writing User Stories and break them down into deliverable tasks
- Be responsible for the success of key Software releases at Seismic. Be the credible and trusted leader to deliver these releases to customers on plan and with high quality
- Drive the planning and execution of releases from concept to GA. Lead a delivery team of Product Managers, Engineering, Design, QA and other functional teams to deliver throughout all the release phases.
- Build and run, with the team, the release master plan (schedule, dependencies, risks, etc.). Use your technical background and product knowledge to dedicatedly identify risks, issues and drive their resolution.
- Be the authority on the software delivery life cycle processes and champion standard methodologies, metrics and high-quality standards with your delivery team.
- Independently and accurately report on the state of your release to executive partners and be the trusted speaker on the state of release in key checkpoint reviews.
- Maintain consistently high standards of communication, productivity and teamwork.
- Work with the engineering team to identify and remove cross product roadblocks early in planning phase itself.
- Make constant assessment of feature pipeline, work done and work quality to support decision-making on release delivery schedule
What You Will Bring to the Team:
- At least 3 years of experience running software engineering and project/program development management. Practical experience in Agile methodologies; Scrum Master Certified preferred.
- Practical experience program-managing Software-As-a-Service products and cloud-based services. Proven knowledge in cloud technologies and DevOps practices.
- Experience in software development and project/program management fundamentals (software development process and quality processes, such as scoping, costs, schedules, initiatives, change and risk management, and mitigation).
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills. Excellent organizational, prioritization, and multitasking skills.
- Strong understanding of both product and program management techniques (Agile, SAFe, Scrum, Kanban, OKRs)
- Extraordinary skills influencing, teaming, and delivering solutions in a highly complex and nebulous environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently in as constantly evolving environment and inspire change across Seismic engineering teams.
- Ability to work in an environment at a fast pace and with changing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Experience working with various project management such as Jira and Confluence
- Knowledge of cloud-based solutions and architecture, product development build processes, project management, and release models. Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Strong software engineering technical background with a real passion for delivering high performance, quality software. Knowledge of Cloud infrastructure and networking technologies is a plus.
What We Have For You:
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits, including an end-of-the-year company shutdown
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans, as well as an optional Health Savings Account with a company contribution
- Paid parental leave and family caregiver leave
- $1,000 annual professional development reimbursement
- Enhanced fertility and egg freezing benefits
- 401(k) plan with annual company match
- Monthly stipend for cell phone expenses
- Flexible work schedule
- Seismic Cares employee volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership and transparency
Headquartered in San Diego and with employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.