Head of AI
Please be aware we have noticed an increase in hiring scams potentially targeting Seismic candidates. Read our full statement on our Career's page.
Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismic’s platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
Seismic is committed to building an inclusive workplace that ignites growth for our employees and creates a culture of belonging that allows all employees to be seen and valued for who they are. Learn more about DEI at Seismic here.
We are seeking a Head of AI to join our dynamic engineering team and contribute to the growth and scalability of our cloud-based systems and technologies. As a tech leader in the sales enablement space, this is an exciting opportunity to help design and build our essential core platform as we pursue our pre-IPO goals.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing and mature tech company that values innovation and excellence. We welcome and encourage diverse perspectives and backgrounds. If you are passionate about software development and committed to delivering quality work, with familiarity of Ruby on Rails, then we invite you to apply for this exciting role with us.
Who you are:
An experienced leader with a solid foundation in AI and ML and expertise in data preparation techniques, feature engineering techniques, building machine learning (ML) models and related ML algorithms, and integrating 3rd party AI/ML solutions. A thought leader and visionary with a bias toward action and pragmatic solutioning. An effective collaborator with executive leaders, business leaders, and engineering leaders.
What you will be doing:
- Be a thought leader on the application of AI across the product line, with a focus on maximizing business value, leveraging 3rd party and in-house solutions, and guiding engineering processes for the safe, effective, and ethical implementation of AI and ML.
- Develop and drive an AI roadmap based on business goals, leadership direction, and collaboration with Business, Product, and Engineering leaders.
- Drive platform architecture, design, and technology selection or development to support best-in-class AI-powered functionality within the product.
- Be an effective and pragmatic arbiter of build vs buy decisions, guided by business value, time to market, and operational efficiency concerns.
- Lead the development and implementation of infrastructure that advances the strategy for AI and ML across the enterprise, building a scalable, highly available, and performant enterprise-grade AI/ML platform that powers a wide range of product areas and use cases.
- Ensure the continued operational success of these areas through well-architected, well-monitored, highly available and robust AI capabilities.
- Lead, recruit, train, and mentor a highly skilled group of Data Scientists and Software engineers to execute the AI vision.
What you bring to the team:
- MS in Computer Science, a related technical field, with a concentration in AI, ML, Big Data.
- Diverse technical experience, including AI model development, software engineering, enterprise-grade operating and monitoring of deployed software.
- Experience with data modeling and data exploration, including expertise in large scale data mining and feature engineering.
- A demonstrated ability to provide vision and strategic direction at an institutional or enterprise level.
- Thought leadership and familiarity/keeping pace with industry/technology trends and best practices in the AI/ML space.
- Subject matter expertise and ability to collaborate with Executive, Business, and Engineering stakeholders and leaders.
- Effective people management skills, leading by example to mentor and support the professional development of teams of highly skilled data scientists and software engineers.
What we have for you:
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits, including an end-of-the-year company shutdown
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans, as well as an optional Health Savings Account with a company contribution
- Paid parental leave and family caregiver leave
- $1,000 annual professional development reimbursement
- Enhanced fertility and egg freezing benefits
- 401(k) plan with annual company match
- Monthly stipend for cell phone expenses
- Flexible work schedule
- Seismic Cares employee volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership and transparency
Headquartered in San Diego and with employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.