Senior Data Analyst, Sales
Palmetto Clean Technology
About the job
Recognized by Forbes as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States, Palmetto believes that choosing to source clean energy from renewable resources like solar power should be a right, not a privilege. As such, we connect homeowners with renewable energy options such as solar power and energy storage systems. Through our marketplace business model, we empower solar sales professionals and solar installation companies with access to our proprietary design platform, financing, customer management system, logistics, and project management. Our #1 focus is a phenomenal experience for our customers and partners, evidenced in our industry-leading Net Promoter Score.
Our employees are our most valuable resource. Palmetto is a VC-backed high-growth company with a promote-from-within culture for talent development. We offer excellent benefits such as unlimited vacation/PTO, medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid parental leave, and retirement plans.
Location: This role will be hired in the following office locations: Charlotte, NC (preferred) or Charleston, SC. Remote is possible for the right candidate, but in person is preferred.
Summary of Role
The Sr Sales Operation Analyst will act as a strategic leader and develop and implement the day-to-day actions of Palmetto’s inside sales center. With an eye toward optimization of our sales processes from our digital channels, the ideal candidate will be constantly curious, comfortable procuring and analyzing data, challenging the status quo, collaborating across different business units, working hand-in-hand with product and technology teams, and mentoring and developing a world class inside sales team. If you have deep analytics engineering skills and a love for fast-paced sales enablement, this is the role for you.
Strategic & Tactical
- Collaborate with leadership to identify key opportunities in the sales funnel and leverage data analytic capabilities to diagnose and implement strategies to solve those opportunities
- Own building, reporting on, and improving our intraday / daily / weekly / monthly reporting - utilizing excel, powerpoints, and dashboards - with a focus on key KPI’s
- Identify gaps in data availability and collaborate with data engineering to optimize our data structure
- Collaborate with marketing teams to determine channel optimization strategies
- Utilize sales and financial model to determine appropriate staffing and scheduling of that staffing
- Partner with finance to determine geo specific pricing strategies by product offering
- Participate in external facing partnership conversations and collaborate on implementation and optimization strategies
- 3+ Years of experience in a highly quantitative business analyst role, sales operations roles a plus
- Consumer experience (B2C or D2C) is required, and experience in the solar industry and / or in a high-growth startup is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with modern data tools and technologies, including Snowflake, Airflow, dbt, Fivetran, Stitch, and Looker.
- Proven track record of coalescing, measuring, interpreting, and making real-time decisions based on large volumes of performance data
- Strong SQL skills. Bonus for experience with data from Salesforce, Segment, Google Analytics, and email marketing tools such as Customer.io
- Experience building financial models, forecasting sales volume. Experience using those models/forecasts to determine resourcing needs is a plus.
- Clear communicator able to take large amounts of information and distill it into actionable insights to present to and influence senior leaders and colleagues
- Comfort in a high growth, fast-paced environment, with an inclination to proactively identify and solve new problems and learn new skills
- The ideal candidate is organized and proactive in improving processes and driving growth of themselves and high performing teams
- Bias for action, entrepreneurial mindset, and focus on growth and scale
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives concurrently and ruthlessly prioritize the most impactful initiatives
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Palmetto embraces diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.