Senior Product Manager, Services & Devices
Palmetto Clean Technology
Recognized by Forbes as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States, Palmetto believes that choosing to source clean energy from renewable resources like solar power should be a right, not a privilege. As such, we connect homeowners with renewable energy options such as solar power and energy storage systems. Through our marketplace business model, we empower solar sales professionals and solar installation companies with access to our proprietary design platform, financing, customer management system, logistics, and project management. Our #1 focus is a phenomenal experience for our customers and partners, evidenced in our industry-leading Net Promoter Score.
Our employees are our most valuable resource. Palmetto is a VC-backed high-growth company with a promote-from-within culture for talent development. We offer excellent traditional benefits such as unlimited vacation, medical, dental, and vision coverage, and retirement plans. We are also proud to offer innovative benefits that help our employees thrive in a 21st-century economy, including 2-week annual sabbaticals, parental leave, and unlimited PTO - among other benefits.
Summary of Role
As the Sr. Product Manager for our Services & Devices organization, your primary responsibility is to lead and manage the development of products to enable a best in class customer experience at scale. This includes developing the ability to monitor, alert, and report on our broad portfolio of energy assets, enabling efficient, timely servicing, and ensuring customer satisfaction after each engagement. You will gain a deep understanding of consumer and service ecosystem problems and opportunities, as well as key business dynamics and goals, to drive your strategies. You will be responsible for developing and implementing the overall product strategy, ensuring that it aligns with Palmetto’s vision and goals. Additionally, you will be an integral part of the conversation as we develop and expand our hardware product infrastructure with devices such as heat pumps, smart electric panels, and consumption monitoring devices. You will play a key role in supporting our rapid growth while improving customer satisfaction, and ensuring a large fleet of healthy assets.
Strategic & Tactical
- Develop and implement the Services & Devices product roadmap and vision, driven by key market trends and customer needs (both external and internal).
- Manage the product development process from requirements gathering, ideation to launch. Work closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, marketing, finance, and operations to ensure that products are developed on time, within budget, and to a high standard of quality.
- Monitor product performance and iterate based on customer feedback. Track key metrics such as user engagement, retention, and satisfaction, and use this data to make informed decisions about product enhancements and updates.
- Develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape and market trends in renewable energy and technology. Monitor and analyze the competitive environment, identifying opportunities for differentiation and innovation, and ensuring that the company stays ahead of the curve.
- Work closely with our commercial teams to ensure successful product launches. Collaborate with the commercial teams to develop product positioning and messaging, and to create go-to-market strategies that drive adoption and revenue growth.
To qualify for this Sr. Product Manager, Services & Devices position, you should have a combination of the following qualifications:
- 5-7 years of experience in product management, with a focus on field operations, services / O&M, asset management, and / or labor marketplace. Experience in the solar industry and / or in a high-growth startup or scaling a product portfolio is highly preferred.
- You should be customer-focused and able to develop a deep understanding of customer needs and behaviors to inform product development decisions. You should be willing to get your hands dirty and conduct primary research across a broad spectrum of prospective customers.
- You should be highly analytical and data-driven, with the ability to use data to drive product decisions and measure product performance.
- You should have experience managing across multiple priorities, being adaptable, while providing direction to an engineering team.
- Previous experience owning a product roadmap, leading sprint activities, and shipping features with little to no supervision.
- Strong communication skills are essential, communicating with senior leaders, cross-functional peers and working directly with engineers.
- Deep desire to look beyond the obvious and understand the root cause and solve problems.
It would be nice if:
- Experience working at an early stage startup
- Experienced with Confluence, Jira, Amplitude
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Palmetto embraces diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.