Palmetto Clean Technology
Recognized by Forbes as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States, Palmetto believes that choosing to source clean energy from renewable resources like solar power should be a right, not a privilege. As such, we connect homeowners with renewable energy options such as solar power and energy storage systems. Through our marketplace business model, we empower solar sales professionals and solar installation companies with access to our proprietary design platform, financing, customer management system, logistics, and project management. Our #1 focus is a phenomenal experience for our customers and partners, evidenced in our industry-leading Net Promoter Score.
Our employees are our most valuable resource. Palmetto is a VC-backed high-growth company with a promote-from-within culture for talent development. We offer excellent benefits such as unlimited vacation/PTO, medical, dental, and vision coverage, parental leave, and retirement plans.
Summary of Role
Palmetto is seeking an Appointment Setter to join our growing in-office team in Charlotte, North Carolina. The Appointment Setter position will be responsible for creating revenue-based performance by setting appointments for the sales teams. The appointments will also be generated for the Inside Sales team for opportunities.
This role will play a critical role in driving key operational metrics and focusing heavily on achieving key company goals for Gross Mercantile Value (GMV) and Revenue.
Strategic & Tactical
- Drive revenue growth through multiple avenues: setting quality appointments for our Inside Sales team
- Practice appointment setting efficiency and objection handling
- Stay up to date on all Palmetto products, services, and pricing
- Understand the sales members who we are setting appointments for so that proper expectations are set
- Have an understanding of Market and Customer needs
- Flag areas of bottlenecks or improvements to team manager
- Identify improvement and development sales opportunities
- Respond to incoming leads in less than 5 minutes
- Answer all call-ins and log appropriately in CRM
- Communicate with appropriate Enterprise/Pro Members; providing needed information to effectively execute our sales strategy
- Follow up on set appointments for QA/QC and as-needed redistribution
- Follow the Inside Sales process through completion with high integrity
- Manage customer follow-up lists and update customer reports to reflect activity
- Ensure customer information is complete and accurate and maintain good follow-up practices
- Be prepared to discuss specific customer issues
- Log all feedback and notes in Salesforce when necessary
- Open & close leads and correctly update the status of leads in Salesforce
- Follow the golden rule “if it isn’t logged properly, it never happened”
- 1 to 2 years of sales experience or related work history with a custom interaction
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment
- Customer service mindset
- Attention to detail
- Strong computer skills (G Suite)
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the construction or solar industry preferred
- Spanish speaker is a plus
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Palmetto embraces diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.