Palmetto Clean Technology
Palmetto is constantly hiring! This posting is for future Solar Advisor opportunities as they come available. By applying, you will be submitting your resume into our pool of candidates for future opportunities.
Recognized by Forbes as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States, Palmetto believes that choosing to source clean energy from renewable resources like solar power should be a right, not a privilege. As such, we connect homeowners with renewable energy options such as solar power and energy storage systems. Through our marketplace business model, we empower solar sales professionals and solar installation companies with access to our proprietary design platform, financing, customer management system, logistics, and project management. Our #1 focus is a phenomenal experience for our customers and partners, evidenced in our industry-leading Net Promoter Score.
Our employees are our most valuable resource. Palmetto is a VC-backed high-growth company with a promote-from-within culture for talent development. We offer excellent benefits such as unlimited vacation/PTO, medical, dental, and vision coverage, parental leave, and retirement plans.
Summary of Role
Palmetto is seeking a Solar Advisor to join our growing in-office team in Charlotte, North Carolina. The Solar Advisor is responsible for the day-to-day DTC (direct-to-consumer) lead management through the completion of a solar sale. Lead management may require multiple touchpoints in a sales cycle.
The Solar Advisor will be responsible for adhering to processes that guarantee a timely and satisfactory response to inbound e-commerce customer inquiries, and leading strategy for the development of ambassador sale support, e-commerce sales support, corporate partner customer and account service support, and up-funnel management of customer transaction for all e-commerce channels.
Strategic & Tactical
- Field inbound sales and customer inquiries, following predetermined processes to ensure a rapid response
- Manage support tickets and inbound requests for support ranging from product questions to project inquiries
- Review pipeline owning all projects through to design complete
- Provide resources and guidance to members for best practices and market-level policy guidelines
- Keep up with new product sales launches and help support questions
- Ensure all working queues are meeting the defined SLOs (Service Level Objectives).
- Respond to 95% of Intercom/chat messages in less than 30 seconds
- Field inbound email inquiries via Zendesk in less than 20 minutes
- Field 95% of all inbound calls in less than 30 seconds of ringing to your desk
- Assist in the continuous evaluation and improvement of internal processes and help build systems that meet current and future company service expansions and customer satisfaction goals
- Coordinate and collaborate with Project Coordinators, sales teams, and operational groups
- Ensure customer service levels are met or exceed Palmetto standards
- Maintain a high level of integrity in compliance with Palmetto standards of excellence
- Proactively work with the customer base to improve Palmetto’s Net Promoter Score
- Engage with customers to upsell products and services and promote the Palmetto Referral Program
- Work with business partners in the business analytics and technology teams to ensure e-commerce customer journeys are fully mapped and tracked at each waypoint
- Identify friction points in the e-commerce and ambassador workflow, and provide targeted support while working with internal teams to resolve and refine these inhibitors
- Work with technology team and customer account management teams to implement customer self-service workflows, reducing cost/touch to the customer while maintaining market-leading customer experience
- Collaborate with sales, technology, and marketplace team on new product launches
- You seek feedback and ways to master your craft
- You are motivated and a self-starter. You can successfully work autonomously and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- You hate being reactive. You love to craft scripts and adjust processes to help mold the direction of the Inside Sales Team.
- You thrive on data and leverage it to drive decisions and focus
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a customer support or sales role
- BS/BA Preferred
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment
- Sales and Customer service mindset
- Problem solver
- Attention to detail
- Strong computer skills (G Suite)
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the construction or solar industry preferred
- Spanish speaker is a plus
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Palmetto embraces diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.