Service Operations Project Coordinator
Palmetto Clean Technology
Recognized by Forbes as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the United States, Palmetto believes that choosing to source clean energy from renewable resources like solar power should be a right, not a privilege. As such, we connect homeowners with renewable energy options such as solar power and energy storage systems. Through our marketplace business model, we empower solar sales professionals and solar installation companies with access to our proprietary design platform, financing, customer management system, logistics, and project management. Our #1 focus is a phenomenal experience for our customers and partners, evidenced in our industry-leading Net Promoter Score.
Our employees are our most valuable resource. Palmetto is a VC-backed high-growth company with a promote-from-within culture for talent development. We offer excellent benefits such as unlimited vacation/PTO, medical, dental, and vision coverage, parental leave, and retirement plans.
About the Role
The Service Operations Project Coordinator role is critical to the success of the Palmetto Platform, managing all customer and operational logistics around one of the most impactful customer moments on their clean energy journey - ongoing services and support needs throughout the 25+ year lifespan of the solar system.
The Service Operations Project Coordinator is responsible for assisting customers, B2B channel partners, and Tier 1 Customer Support reps in solving post-PTO services and support cases. They are also responsible for investigating elevated tickets by confirming the validity of the problem and seeking known solutions.
The Service Operations Project Coordinator is able to prioritize the troubleshooting process and properly manage time. This may include solar repair, diagnostic testing, and the utilization of remote monitoring tools.
The initial troubleshooting and triage is just the beginning, as the Service Operations Project Coordinator is also responsible for scheduling Build Partner or internal Field Service Tech appointments with customers. They must communicate empathetically with customers and form strong relationships with Build Partners to ensure seamless scheduling.
- Triage, troubleshoot, and schedule service appointments.
- Determine the scope of work for the Build Partner or internal Field Service Technician.
- Build final quotes and approve invoices from Services partners;
- Ensure customer service levels meet or exceed Palmetto standards.
- Ensure all queues are meeting the defined SLAs (Service Level Agreements).
- Manage all queues, reports, and cases within company CRM platforms
- Manage project cost by identifying the Build Partner best suited for the type and scope of the work; Maintain proactive, customer service-oriented communication with residential clients regarding project status along defined benchmarks to aggressively drive backlog projects through the pipeline and onto the schedule.
- Communicate with region-based Palmetto Operations Managers regarding resource management, schedule construction, and specific job details.
- Escalate any jobs stuck or delayed beyond the normal timeline.
- Lead collaborative efforts as an interdepartmental liaison amongst sales, survey, engineering, supply chain, and regional management staff to resolve conflicts and inefficiencies before they arise.
- Conduct periodic business reviews with Build partners, vendors, and internal resources.
- Take on new tasks and responsibilities as needed to help the Services division achieve its goals
- Seek constant improvement in the quality of Palmetto’s products and customer service.
- Complete periodic root-cause analysis of service cases and provide management with relevant reporting.
- Suggest process improvements and take part in various projects as a subject matter expert (SME).
- BS/BA Preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a customer, tech, or sales support role preferred.
- A high degree of proactiveness, adaptability, and resourcefulness to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Customer service mindset.
- Problem solver with attention to detail.
- Strong enterprise software skills (G Suite, Salesforce, Zendesk).
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of the construction or solar industry is preferred.
- Spanish proficiency is a plus.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Palmetto embraces diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.