Software Engineer II, Care Delivery
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Software Engineer II, Care Delivery to join our Engineering team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
The Care Delivery team builds tools to enable clinicians (doctors, nurses, and social workers) to treat and support Oscar patients. We’re responsible for building out the backend and clinician-facing interface of our core telemedicine product, allowing members to receive 24/7 access to virtual providers on-demand, and care management program, ensuring our Concierge teams can perform population health interventions.
We empower our clinicians by building new ways to triage inbound requests and outbound interventions, visualize and interpret medical history, and document patient encounters—our goal is to manage every member’s care journey end-to-end, leveraging virtual care and integrating physical facilities where appropriate to make sure all health needs are fully covered.
You will report to the Senior Engineering Manager.
Oscar is a blended work culture where everyone, regardless of work type or location, feels connected to their teammates, our culture and our mission.
If you live within commutable distance to our New York City office (in Hudson Square), our Tempe office (off the 101 at University Ave), or our Los Angeles office (in Marina Del Rey), you will be expected to come into the office at least two days each week. Otherwise, this is a remote / work-from-home role.
You must reside in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role is: $144,000 - $189,000 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar’s unlimited vacation program, company equity grants, and annual performance bonuses.
- Consistently write stable, correct, and maintainable code with little oversight; write modular, adaptable code with guidance.
- Demonstrate mastery over common uses of available tools, frameworks, libraries, and infrastructure; strong knowledge of available libraries; make judicious choices over what code to write versus what code to import.
- Work with partners, product managers, and designers to solve challenging problems.
- Collaborate with other engineers on the team to improve technology and apply best practices.
- Implement step-wise technical migrations of our existing services and applications.
- Own small to medium features or infrastructure projects from technical design through completion with little required guidance.
- Independent contributor to their team. Work effectively across the codebase with appropriate guidance from code owners.
- Make steady, well-paced progress without requiring frequent significant feedback from more senior engineers.
- Compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience, working with a variety of technologies, and have increasingly impactful accomplishments
- Experience proposing, experimenting, and iterating, whether it be a new shiny technology or an arcane, ill-conceived data structure; our company may be new, but the health industry isn’t!
- Experience with technical contributions, improving the quality of what you create, and are excited to build fault-tolerant, and scalable software systems.
- Demonstrates solid understanding of the practical application of CS concepts within their team.
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.