Operations Forecasting Associate
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Operations Forecasting Associate to join our Operations Intelligence team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
You will execute various forecasting and planning analyses to help optimize resourcing and financial planning for production teams within Oscar.
You will report to the Director of Operational Strategic Planning.
Oscar is a blended work culture where everyone, regardless of work type or location, feels connected to their teammates, our culture and our mission.
This is a hybrid role in our Marina Del Rey, California office. You will work part of the time in the office and part of the time remote / work-from-home. #LI-Hybrid
The base pay for this role is: $98,400 - $129,150 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar’s unlimited vacation program and annual performance bonuses.
- Build and maintain detailed operational forecasts - for volumetric demand & resourcing needs - and subsequently support leadership in generating budget estimates based on the forecast
- Work with stakeholder teams to ensure forecast models align with business objectives and changes
- Work with data teams to source required data and refine as needed for analyses
- Learn the business and support periodic planning discussions with business stakeholders
- Learn and use tools and data platforms relevant to the role (such as Workday, Jira, BigQuery, Looker, etc.)
- Use business acumen and analytical experience to work through ambiguity
- Manage multiple concurrent tasks effectively and deliver professional & high quality work in a timely manner
- Collaborate with team members and be a trusted advisor to leaders & stakeholders
- Responsible for owning insights generation and follow-up for a major business unit, serving as the first point of contract for Sr. Managers, Associate Directors and Directors
- Analyze data to support business teams in making better informed, data-driven decisions
- Use data to tell a story that non-technical colleagues will be able to understand, including packaging and presenting findings in a clear, concise and compelling manner
- Collaborate across the organization, including owning stakeholder relationships with managers & senior managers , to identify actions to achieve improvements and monitor initiative impact
- Support other strategic projects as assigned to meet business needs
- Compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years of demonstrated work in operations forecasting and/or operations modeling
- 2+ years of demonstrated work with large datasets and distill analyses into relevant insights with a structured and systematic thought process
- 2+ years experience in SQL, with the ability to filter, aggregate, and build CTEs, or proficiency in R or Python, including experience with Pandas, for loops, and statistical tests
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, around business reporting impact and requirements, as demonstrated by 5+ examples / projects of presenting analysis to Leadership (Director+)
- 1+ years experience, including proficiency in Google Sheets or Excel skills, with ability to use VLookup, nested if statements and connected Sheets)
- 1+ years experience in healthcare, investment banking or insurance industry
- 2+ years experience developing dashboards and working with Looker, or other business intelligence/data visualization tools
- 3+ years of technical work experience using analytical tools and writing analytical reports
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.