Senior Engineering Manager, Identity & Access Management
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Senior Engineering Manager, Identity & Access Management to join our Engineering team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
As the tech-lead and people manager of the Identity and Access Management team, you will protect the data our customers have entrusted to us, and make it possible for Oscar management to make informed, risk-calibrated decisions.
Privileged account/access management (PAM) is one of the most critical parts of identity and access management to get right. We are building out our PAM program to become a leader in the area. We're looking for someone to help us achieve that mission and serve as a leader to the IAM Team and its partner teams.
In this role, you will be responsible for defining the strategy, roadmap and leading the implementation. You’ll collaborate closely with stakeholders in the Infrastructure, Security and IT teams to architect and build solutions that improve Oscar’s compliance posture. You will write software primarily in Golang / Python, deploy it on AWS with Kubernetes, and manage infrastructure elements with Terraform.
You will report to the Director, Engineering.
Oscar is a blended work culture where everyone, regardless of work type or location, feels connected to their teammates, our culture and our mission.
If you live within commutable distance to our New York City office (in Hudson Square), our Tempe office (off the 101 at University Ave), or our Los Angeles office (in Marina Del Rey), you will be expected to come into the office at least two days each week. Otherwise, this is a remote / work-from-home role.
You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change.
The base pay for this role in all locations is: $174,400 - $228,900 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar’s unlimited vacation program, company equity grants, and annual performance bonuses.
- Become the expert on your team's business and technical domains
- Lead the planning, execution and release of complex technical projects
- Work with partners, product managers, and designers to solve challenging problems
- Lead and mentor engineers on the team to improve technology and apply best practices
- Independently responsible for large or complex technology capabilities (set of components or services) within their team's domain or spanning multiple domains
- Facilitates, encourages, and enhances cross-team execution and collaboration; knows when cross-team projects are at risk and actively mitigates risk to deliver on time
- Prolific contributor to the objectives of their functional group, as well as (potentially) organization-wide projects
- Drives prioritization of technical roadmap and influences prioritization of product roadmap and process enhancements within their team
- Actively identifies and reduces failure domains
- Builds software to minimize effort and business impact during maintenance and failures
- Guides the development of Service-Level Objectives (SLOs) for systems they are responsible for
- Own medium to large features or infrastructure projects from technical design through completion
- Compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- 6+ years of professional software engineering experience, working with a variety of technologies, and have increasingly impactful accomplishments
- Experience as a major contributor cross-pod or cross-company deliverables
- Experience leading technical contributions, improving the quality of what your teams create, and are excited to build fault-tolerant, and scalable software systems.
- Demonstrates expertise of the practical application of CS concepts within their team.
- Sets and enforces the standard for writing stable, correct, and maintainable code
- Experience mentoring and training more junior engineers
- 6+ years of experience in enterprise IAM tools and technologies - IGA, privileged account/access management, access management, MFA, Modern authentication solutions, access control models - RBAC, ABAC/PBAC
- Familiarity with Okta Identity Governance and Sailpoint IIQ
- Familiarity with AWS and/or GCP and developing with containers (Docker, Kubernetes) in cloud computing environments.
- Familiarity with regulatory and compliance requirements - HIPAA, SOX, MAR, PCI DSS
- Worked in agile and high-paced environments
- CISSP Certified
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.