Associate Director, Virtual Care
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Associate Director to join our Virtual Care team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
Our Virtual Primary Care Ops team oversees the strategy, design and optimization of Oscar’s Virtual Primary Care program. We partner cross functionally with our Product and Clinical counterparts to bring our strategy to life, increasing access to high quality, and cost effective care.
In this role, you will oversee Virtual Primary Care’s operations and outcomes. You will be responsible for setting the program up for scale, and ensuring it is driving value from an efficiency, member experience and total cost of care perspective.
You will report to the Director, Virtual Care.
Oscar is a blended work culture where everyone, regardless of work type or location, feels connected to their teammates, our culture and our mission.
If you live within commutable distance to our New York City office ( in Hudson Square), our Tempe office (off the 101 at University Ave), or our Los Angeles office (in Marina Del Rey), you will be expected to come into the office at least two days each week. Otherwise, this is a remote / work-from-home role.
You must reside in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role in the states of California, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and Washington is: $158,400 - $207,900 per year. The base pay for this role in all other locations is: $142,560 - $187,110 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar's unlimited vacation program, and annual performance bonuses.
- Set, drive and execute on Virtual Primary Care’s strategy and vision to enhance program’s overall value
- Oversee and identify efficiency opportunities that set the practice up for scale through process improvement, new programming, or automation
- Lead, coach and develop a high-performing team of managers and their reports
- Partner with Product, Clinical, Network, and other Oscar cross functional teams to bring future programming to life, and ensure we’re hitting key operational health metrics
- Understand the competitive landscape for of the department and act as a thought leader for Virtual Primary Care across the company
- Own and continuously evaluate the financial performance of the department, including driving the budgeting process for the Virtual Primary Care program and owning the oversight of its P&L
- Report to Senior Leadership on the health of the business
- 7+ years experience in healthcare strategy and operations
- 4+ years of experience managing individual contributors
- 3+ years project planning experience
- Program development and oversight experience
- Experience with Excel/Google Sheets and financial modeling experience
- Experience in leading large-scale cross functional initiatives
- Start-up or experience working in a fast paced growth environment
- Experience working with Clinicians
- Management Consulting experience with a focus on healthcare
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.